Eat for Free! Another US Airport Restaurant Joins Priority Pass Select
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
I have an on again and off again love for airline lounges. I love them when I am traveling with little kids, assuming there is a reasonable space to contain them within the lounge. I also love them when I’m flying solo and have a layover or delay and need to get some work done. I don’t love them when they are out of the way, drab and depressing, or lacking any sort of amenity that is really worth a visit. Thanks to PreCheck, I don’t typically allot a whole bunch of time to waiting around in the airport before most flights, so my need for lounges isn’t always great.
That said, I like the option of a lounge, so one of the perks from some premium rewards credit cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards that I make use of is included membership in the Priority Pass Select lounge network. You need to activate this membership once you get those credit cards, but then you can access over 1,000 lounges around the world including the KLM Crown Lounge and Air France Lounge in Houston, The Club at MCO in Orlando, Mera Business Lounge in Cancun, Club Mobay in Jamaica, Alaska Airlines Board Room Lounge in several cities, and the Plaza Premium Lounge in London’s Heathrow.
Some of the participating lounges are decent, some are good, and others are not my favorite. Because visiting a traditional airline lounges doesn’t always make sense, I absolutely love the growing trend that permits Priority Pass Select cardholders to get a credit at airport restaurants instead of heading to a potentially remote, crowded, and depressing lounge. I wrote about this trend and participating airport restaurants here, but I’m thrilled that there is now another new US based airport restaurant to add to the list!
Get $28 Per Person Restaurant Credit with Priority Pass Select in Denver
If you have a Priority Pass Select membership, you can now get a $28 per person credit at Timberline Steaks & Grille, located in Denver’s Terminal C. That terminal traditionally serves Southwest, Alaska, and Allegiant. All of Denver’s terminals are connected airside, so technically anyone flying through or from Denver could use visit the restaurant, but you have to take a train between terminals, so it won’t work for a quicker connection if you aren’t already in Terminal C.
I took a peek at their online menu, and the $28 per person credit you get with the Priority Pass Select Card should pretty much be enough to cover you unless you go for the highest priced menu items. Here are a few examples from their menu:
- 12 Hot Wings – $15
- Fruit and Cheese Plate – $12
- Hummus Plate – $8
- Filet Quesadilla – $12
- Spinach Pomegranate Salad – $9
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – $12
- All American Burger – $11
- Buffalo Sirloin Steak – $32
- Miso Salmon – $26
- Chocolate Decadence Cake – $7
- Caramel Bacon Donut Holes – $8
Timberline is open daily 6AM – 10PM, and of course if you aren’t actually hungry, they also have a bar so you can drink your credit if you prefer.
With the Priority Pass Select Membership you can bring guests to lounges or participating restaurants, so families can benefit from this as well as solo travelers. The guest policy varies a bit based on your membership’s origin, but via the Amex Platinum you can have two guests included, and via the Chase Sapphire Reserve there is no stated included guest limit. This means $28 per person for everyone in your crew!
Now, I will add the caveat that online reviews of Timberline do not look stellar, though most of the recent issues seem to be with service rather than the food itself which I imagine I could deal with if I was pretty much eating for free (be sure to tip!). Also note that if you check-in on the Yelp app at Timberline it appears you get a free draft beer.
If you have eaten at Timberline, or if you plan to using your Priority Pass Select Credit, I’d love to hear about it!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees