Deal Alert: Fly Delta’s New A350 Suite to Asia From $2,071 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta’s gearing up to launch its new business-class suite product on the Airbus A350, and it looks fantastic. Of course, the airline knows it’s got a winner on its hands — in fact, Delta’s so confident that the A350 offers a far superior experience that it’s added a hefty $500 per-direction surcharge to some flights operated by the new plane.
That’s what makes this deal particularly exciting — currently, you can book Delta One suites on the Airbus A350 starting at just $2,071 round-trip. And we’re not talking about a short hop to Europe — these flights to Beijing are 13 hours long, which works out to well under $100 per hour of suite time on the round-trip.
The cheapest fares are available in January and February, starting with the inaugural flight from Detroit on January 17, 2018, but you can fly through the end of the schedule in August 2018 for about $200 more, with most dates available at $2,255 round-trip. Assuming you fly the first three segments, ending in Detroit, you’ll earn at least 20,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs), $1,800 MQDs and 9,000 redeemable miles for these flights.
If you can’t take advantage of China’s “visa-free transit” policy on an itinerary without a visit to a third country, be sure you get the right visa before traveling or you won’t even be able to get on the plane. TPG recommends using a third-party service like Allied Passport & Visa; mention The Points Guy on your order form and receive a $5 discount.
Routes: YOW/YUL/YYZ to PEK
Cost: $2,071+ round-trip in business
Dates: January-August 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Toronto (YYZ) to Beijing (PEK) for CA$2,582 ($2,071) round-trip in January 2018:
Montreal (YUL) to Beijing (PEK) for CA$2,812 ($2,256) round-trip in August 2018:
Meanwhile, booking the same A350 flights originating in Detroit more than doubles the price, at $4,374 round-trip.
While you do need to begin travel in Toronto, a one-way ticket from New York to Toronto starts at $87, for example, while return flights from Detroit can be had for $64.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.