Deal Alert: Fly Delta’s New A350 Suite to Asia From $2,071 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta’s gearing up to launch its new business-class suite product on the Airbus A350, and it looks fantastic. Of course, the airline knows it’s got a winner on its hands — in fact, Delta’s so confident that the A350 offers a far superior experience that it’s added a hefty $500 per-direction surcharge to some flights operated by the new plane.
That’s what makes this deal particularly exciting — currently, you can book Delta One suites on the Airbus A350 starting at just $2,071 round-trip. And we’re not talking about a short hop to Europe — these flights to Beijing are 13 hours long, which works out to well under $100 per hour of suite time on the round-trip.
The cheapest fares are available in January and February, starting with the inaugural flight from Detroit on January 17, 2018, but you can fly through the end of the schedule in August 2018 for about $200 more, with most dates available at $2,255 round-trip. Assuming you fly the first three segments, ending in Detroit, you’ll earn at least 20,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs), $1,800 MQDs and 9,000 redeemable miles for these flights.
If you can’t take advantage of China’s “visa-free transit” policy on an itinerary without a visit to a third country, be sure you get the right visa before traveling or you won’t even be able to get on the plane. TPG recommends using a third-party service like Allied Passport & Visa; mention The Points Guy on your order form and receive a $5 discount.
Routes: YOW/YUL/YYZ to PEK
Cost: $2,071+ round-trip in business
Dates: January-August 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Toronto (YYZ) to Beijing (PEK) for CA$2,582 ($2,071) round-trip in January 2018:
Montreal (YUL) to Beijing (PEK) for CA$2,812 ($2,256) round-trip in August 2018:
Meanwhile, booking the same A350 flights originating in Detroit more than doubles the price, at $4,374 round-trip.
While you do need to begin travel in Toronto, a one-way ticket from New York to Toronto starts at $87, for example, while return flights from Detroit can be had for $64.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees