This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re traveling through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) anytime soon, it could take you far less time to go through security. CLEAR, the biometric-based membership service that offers travelers expedited security screening, is now available at Terminals 1 through 7 at LAX.
When CLEAR launched at LAX in June 2017, it was only available at five of the terminals in the airport — Terminals 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7. At the time of launch, CLEAR said that the service would be available at Terminals 1 and 5 in the coming weeks. And now, about three months later, CLEAR is officially available at all of the terminals at LAX with the exception of the Tom Bradley International Terminal, as reported by One Mile at a Time,
CLEAR allows you to verify your identity at a kiosk using biometric technology — either with a scan of your fingerprint or your iris. Once you’re verified, you can head to the front of the security lane, whether that is the PreCheck or regular screening line. Essentially, CLEAR can really speed up the airport experience. Plus, if you’re a member, you can bring your family members who are younger than 18 years old with you for free.
CLEAR is now available at a total of 24 airports: Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Dallas (DFW and DAL), Denver (DEN), Detroit (DTW), Houston (IAH and HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (LGA, JFK and HPN), Orlando (MCO), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Antonio (SAT), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA) and Washington, DC (IAD and DCA).
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually (or $149 using promo code TPG149). However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, the Delta Reserve Credit Card or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Image by Justin Sullivan / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees