This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum® Card from American Express, The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders — like $160 cashback for spending $800 with Delta, 10,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $500 with AmexTravel.com, $30 back for spending $150+ with Marriott and more.
Today, Amex posted a valuable new offer to certain American Express business card accounts: Spend $150 at AT&T and get either $100 cashback or 10,000 Membership Rewards points.
This is an excellent value for those that have AT&T service and makes it worth the hassle of switching a new payment method (if necessary). There are two versions of this offer: $100 statement credit for $150 purchase or 10,000 Membership Rewards points for $150 purchase. While cashback is always great, the 10,000 Membership Rewards points version is even better. At current TPG valuations, that’s $190 of value for as little as $150 in spending.
Note that you must spend $150 in one transaction to trigger this credit; purchases can’t be accumulated towards this spending goal. Also, this offer is only available once per card and the purchase must be completed by 10/31/2017. Payments by phone, at retail locations or “via third parties” do not qualify.
The offer specifies “AT&T Small Business Wireless” and the terms and conditions note that “purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer.” However, Doctor of Credit reports that similar previous offers have worked for personal cell phone and even AT&T cable bills.
Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. This offer seems to be exclusively targeted to American Express business cards such as:
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log onto your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section and note you may need to click “Load More” to view the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, be advised that there is a limit of one registration per Amex Offer, so choose wisely if you have multiple cards.
Were you targeted for this offer?
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards