‘Network Issue’ That Caused Airport Mayhem Thursday Morning Has Been Resolved
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airline passengers worldwide should see some relief in their travels. Early Thursday morning, IT firm Amadeus reported that it faced a “network issue,” which caused passengers around the world to have their check-in processes disrupted — and therefore, significant delays. Now, Amadeus is saying that the issue has been resolved.
“Amadeus can confirm that our systems are recovered and are now functioning normally,” an Amadeus spokesperson said. “During the morning, we experienced a network issue that caused disruption to some of our systems. As a result of the incident, customers experienced disruption to certain services.”
At this time, the company isn’t commenting on the cause of the network issue, but it did say that it was not due to a data or security issue — hacking isn’t believed to be a cause of the disruption. The IT firm Altea’s software is used by more than 100 airlines around the world.
A Southwest spokesperson said that its systems have stabilized around 9:15am ET. It also said that it’s not experiencing any major delays to its operation.
If you’re traveling today, it could still be a good idea to call your airline ahead of time to make sure there that it isn’t having any residual delays or issues with its check-in process.
Amadeus apologized to travelers for any inconvenience the network issue may have caused.
Featured image by NurPhoto / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees