Add Authorized Users to Your Account From Citi’s Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi’s making it easier to add authorized users to your accounts. Beginning today, cardholders with an iOS device can add authorized users to their accounts right from the Citi Mobile App.
The new functionality is the first of its kind from a major US credit card issuer, and it’s a simple, streamlined process. Once the person’s information (the app asks for the user’s first name, last name, date of birth and address) has been entered, you’ll get a confirmation screen, alerting you that the additional cardholder’s card will arrive within two weeks. You’ll also get a separate confirmation email.
At the time of launch, the function is available for all Citi consumer cards with the exception of the issuer’s Costco co-branded card. Citi said that it’s planning to expand the feature to that card in the near future.
This is a nice addition from Citi, allowing cardholders to make changes to their account more easily. You’ll be able to add and view all authorized user accounts, including spending activity, right from the app as well. This is the latest addition to the mobile app in the past couple of months — previously, the issuer announced it added the ability to file disputes, to activate your card by taking a photo of it and to track a replacement card.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $700. In addition, you can earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) toward elite status after spending $40,000 in a calendar year. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.