This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re sprawled across the couch right now, flipping through TV channels debating a Law & Order marathon and wondering what fun and free activity you might use to fill your Saturday, look no further because September 23 is Museum Day Live!
Smithsonian Magazine, in partnership with Microsoft, is offering free admission for today only to more than 1,300 museums across the United States. You can request up to two free tickets by going to www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-live-2017, where you’ll find tools to search for participating museums in your area. Once you’ve picked the museum you want to visit, just register and download your tickets — all at no cost.
There are some well known and impressive museums included on the list, such as the Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City (which has its own Concorde and Space Shuttle exhibits), the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C., the Memphis Music Hall of Fame and even the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame in Arlington, Texas. Since tickets to some of these museums can normally go for up to $24 per person and higher, you’ll be saving some significant cash by taking advantage of this free offer.
Keep in mind that only the general admission tickets are free; any add-ons such as entrance to special exhibits will still need to be purchased for a fee. Also, as you might imagine, this is a popular promotion in its 13th year, so expect long lines when you visit some of the bigger museums on the list. But you can’t beat the price, so turn off that television and head over to a museum today.
Featured image courtesy of Frazer Harrison/Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees