This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re sprawled across the couch right now, flipping through TV channels debating a Law & Order marathon and wondering what fun and free activity you might use to fill your Saturday, look no further because September 23 is Museum Day Live!
Smithsonian Magazine, in partnership with Microsoft, is offering free admission for today only to more than 1,300 museums across the United States. You can request up to two free tickets by going to www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-live-2017, where you’ll find tools to search for participating museums in your area. Once you’ve picked the museum you want to visit, just register and download your tickets — all at no cost.
There are some well known and impressive museums included on the list, such as the Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City (which has its own Concorde and Space Shuttle exhibits), the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C., the Memphis Music Hall of Fame and even the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame in Arlington, Texas. Since tickets to some of these museums can normally go for up to $24 per person and higher, you’ll be saving some significant cash by taking advantage of this free offer.
Keep in mind that only the general admission tickets are free; any add-ons such as entrance to special exhibits will still need to be purchased for a fee. Also, as you might imagine, this is a popular promotion in its 13th year, so expect long lines when you visit some of the bigger museums on the list. But you can’t beat the price, so turn off that television and head over to a museum today.
Featured image courtesy of Frazer Harrison/Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that