Over 1,000 Museums Are Offering Free Admission Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re sprawled across the couch right now, flipping through TV channels debating a Law & Order marathon and wondering what fun and free activity you might use to fill your Saturday, look no further because September 23 is Museum Day Live!
Smithsonian Magazine, in partnership with Microsoft, is offering free admission for today only to more than 1,300 museums across the United States. You can request up to two free tickets by going to www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-live-2017, where you’ll find tools to search for participating museums in your area. Once you’ve picked the museum you want to visit, just register and download your tickets — all at no cost.
There are some well known and impressive museums included on the list, such as the Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City (which has its own Concorde and Space Shuttle exhibits), the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C., the Memphis Music Hall of Fame and even the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame in Arlington, Texas. Since tickets to some of these museums can normally go for up to $24 per person and higher, you’ll be saving some significant cash by taking advantage of this free offer.
Keep in mind that only the general admission tickets are free; any add-ons such as entrance to special exhibits will still need to be purchased for a fee. Also, as you might imagine, this is a popular promotion in its 13th year, so expect long lines when you visit some of the bigger museums on the list. But you can’t beat the price, so turn off that television and head over to a museum today.
Featured image courtesy of Frazer Harrison/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees