This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier WOW Air has been expanding its footprint in the US steadily since it first launched with service from Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) back in 2015. With fares starting at just $99 one-way, the carrier has been a popular option for travelers looking to go to Iceland and beyond for cheap. Now, the carrier announced that it’s launching transatlantic service for four new Midwestern cities: Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL).
One-way fares to Iceland from each of the new cities will start at $99, and one-way fares to more European destinations, such as Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA) and more, start at $149. As of Wednesday, tickets are on sale for each of the new routes. Here are the launch dates and schedules for each of the cities:
- Detroit (DTW) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning April 26, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cincinnati (CVG) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 10, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cleveland (CLE) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 4, 2018; 4x weekly service (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- St. Louis (STL) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 17, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
As of this writing, you can purchase tickets from the four new cities to KEF and beyond. We’re seeing round-trip fares between STL and KEF for as low as $269. Keep in mind, however, that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier that charges for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
This is a huge addition for the four cities, which have a severe shortage of low-cost options to fly across the Atlantic. With these four additions to its route network, WOW now serves 12 US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), San Francisco (SFO) and St. Louis (STL). In addition, WOW serves two Canadian cities: Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ).
Featured image courtesy of WOW Air.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards