This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier WOW Air has been expanding its footprint in the US steadily since it first launched with service from Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) back in 2015. With fares starting at just $99 one-way, the carrier has been a popular option for travelers looking to go to Iceland and beyond for cheap. Now, the carrier announced that it’s launching transatlantic service for four new Midwestern cities: Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL).
One-way fares to Iceland from each of the new cities will start at $99, and one-way fares to more European destinations, such as Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA) and more, start at $149. As of Wednesday, tickets are on sale for each of the new routes. Here are the launch dates and schedules for each of the cities:
- Detroit (DTW) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning April 26, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cincinnati (CVG) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 10, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cleveland (CLE) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 4, 2018; 4x weekly service (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- St. Louis (STL) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 17, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
As of this writing, you can purchase tickets from the four new cities to KEF and beyond. We’re seeing round-trip fares between STL and KEF for as low as $269. Keep in mind, however, that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier that charges for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
This is a huge addition for the four cities, which have a severe shortage of low-cost options to fly across the Atlantic. With these four additions to its route network, WOW now serves 12 US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), San Francisco (SFO) and St. Louis (STL). In addition, WOW serves two Canadian cities: Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ).
Featured image courtesy of WOW Air.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees