This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier WOW Air has been expanding its footprint in the US steadily since it first launched with service from Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) back in 2015. With fares starting at just $99 one-way, the carrier has been a popular option for travelers looking to go to Iceland and beyond for cheap. Now, the carrier announced that it’s launching transatlantic service for four new Midwestern cities: Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL).
One-way fares to Iceland from each of the new cities will start at $99, and one-way fares to more European destinations, such as Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA) and more, start at $149. As of Wednesday, tickets are on sale for each of the new routes. Here are the launch dates and schedules for each of the cities:
- Detroit (DTW) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning April 26, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cincinnati (CVG) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 10, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cleveland (CLE) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 4, 2018; 4x weekly service (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- St. Louis (STL) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 17, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
As of this writing, you can purchase tickets from the four new cities to KEF and beyond. We’re seeing round-trip fares between STL and KEF for as low as $269. Keep in mind, however, that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier that charges for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
This is a huge addition for the four cities, which have a severe shortage of low-cost options to fly across the Atlantic. With these four additions to its route network, WOW now serves 12 US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), San Francisco (SFO) and St. Louis (STL). In addition, WOW serves two Canadian cities: Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ).
Featured image courtesy of WOW Air.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees