WOW Air to Launch Service to Four Midwestern Cities With Fares From $99 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier WOW Air has been expanding its footprint in the US steadily since it first launched with service from Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) back in 2015. With fares starting at just $99 one-way, the carrier has been a popular option for travelers looking to go to Iceland and beyond for cheap. Now, the carrier announced that it’s launching transatlantic service for four new Midwestern cities: Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL).
One-way fares to Iceland from each of the new cities will start at $99, and one-way fares to more European destinations, such as Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA) and more, start at $149. As of Wednesday, tickets are on sale for each of the new routes. Here are the launch dates and schedules for each of the cities:
- Detroit (DTW) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning April 26, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cincinnati (CVG) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 10, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Cleveland (CLE) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 4, 2018; 4x weekly service (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- St. Louis (STL) — Reykjavik (KEF) — beginning May 17, 2018; 4x weekly service (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
As of this writing, you can purchase tickets from the four new cities to KEF and beyond. We’re seeing round-trip fares between STL and KEF for as low as $269. Keep in mind, however, that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier that charges for things that you might be used to getting for free on other carriers, such as seat assignments, meals, checked baggage and more.
This is a huge addition for the four cities, which have a severe shortage of low-cost options to fly across the Atlantic. With these four additions to its route network, WOW now serves 12 US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), San Francisco (SFO) and St. Louis (STL). In addition, WOW serves two Canadian cities: Montreal (YUL) and Toronto (YYZ).
Featured image courtesy of WOW Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.