Wide Open Award Availability in Delta One Suites From Atlanta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking awards with Delta SkyMiles can be extremely frustrating, as the airline doesn’t publish an award chart, and low-level award space is rare, to say the least. Now, however, we’re seeing tons of low-level award seats available on board the airline’s brand-new Airbus A350. If you have SkyMiles waiting to be used, and want to experience the new Delta One suites, here’s your chance.
While the first flights on this new aircraft depart from Detroit (DTW), Atlanta (ATL) will be seeing the aircraft beginning late March 2018, when the airline switches its route to Seoul (ICN) from a Boeing 777 to the A350. And right now, you can book flights for two or more people for 80,000 SkyMiles one-way on the nonstop ATL – ICN flight, plus about $6 in taxes and fees. The return leg from ICN to ATL also has a good amount of availability, though not as much as the outbound. Here’s a snapshot of availability for two passengers in Delta One next spring:
This is a pretty great deal, considering the award prices that Delta is charging for the first round of A350 flights from DTW. Plus, if you can find connecting flights from other cities around the country, your trip should remain at the 80,000-SkyMile level. Such wide availability at this level likely won’t last long, so if you’ve been wanting to get on board Delta’s latest and greatest aircraft, don’t hesitate to book.
Delta’s A350, which recently arrived in the US from the factory in Toulouse, France (TLS), is equipped with the airline’s newest Delta One business-class product that features suites with closing doors for every seat in the cabin. The aircraft will first fly between DTW and Tokyo (NRT), and then will be introduced on flights from DTW to both ICN and Beijing (PEK) before the end of the year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.