Wide Open Award Availability in Delta One Suites From Atlanta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking awards with Delta SkyMiles can be extremely frustrating, as the airline doesn’t publish an award chart, and low-level award space is rare, to say the least. Now, however, we’re seeing tons of low-level award seats available on board the airline’s brand-new Airbus A350. If you have SkyMiles waiting to be used, and want to experience the new Delta One suites, here’s your chance.
While the first flights on this new aircraft depart from Detroit (DTW), Atlanta (ATL) will be seeing the aircraft beginning late March 2018, when the airline switches its route to Seoul (ICN) from a Boeing 777 to the A350. And right now, you can book flights for two or more people for 80,000 SkyMiles one-way on the nonstop ATL – ICN flight, plus about $6 in taxes and fees. The return leg from ICN to ATL also has a good amount of availability, though not as much as the outbound. Here’s a snapshot of availability for two passengers in Delta One next spring:
This is a pretty great deal, considering the award prices that Delta is charging for the first round of A350 flights from DTW. Plus, if you can find connecting flights from other cities around the country, your trip should remain at the 80,000-SkyMile level. Such wide availability at this level likely won’t last long, so if you’ve been wanting to get on board Delta’s latest and greatest aircraft, don’t hesitate to book.
Delta’s A350, which recently arrived in the US from the factory in Toulouse, France (TLS), is equipped with the airline’s newest Delta One business-class product that features suites with closing doors for every seat in the cabin. The aircraft will first fly between DTW and Tokyo (NRT), and then will be introduced on flights from DTW to both ICN and Beijing (PEK) before the end of the year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees