This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking awards with Delta SkyMiles can be extremely frustrating, as the airline doesn’t publish an award chart, and low-level award space is rare, to say the least. Now, however, we’re seeing tons of low-level award seats available on board the airline’s brand-new Airbus A350. If you have SkyMiles waiting to be used, and want to experience the new Delta One suites, here’s your chance.
While the first flights on this new aircraft depart from Detroit (DTW), Atlanta (ATL) will be seeing the aircraft beginning late March 2018, when the airline switches its route to Seoul (ICN) from a Boeing 777 to the A350. And right now, you can book flights for two or more people for 80,000 SkyMiles one-way on the nonstop ATL – ICN flight, plus about $6 in taxes and fees. The return leg from ICN to ATL also has a good amount of availability, though not as much as the outbound. Here’s a snapshot of availability for two passengers in Delta One next spring:
This is a pretty great deal, considering the award prices that Delta is charging for the first round of A350 flights from DTW. Plus, if you can find connecting flights from other cities around the country, your trip should remain at the 80,000-SkyMile level. Such wide availability at this level likely won’t last long, so if you’ve been wanting to get on board Delta’s latest and greatest aircraft, don’t hesitate to book.
Delta’s A350, which recently arrived in the US from the factory in Toulouse, France (TLS), is equipped with the airline’s newest Delta One business-class product that features suites with closing doors for every seat in the cabin. The aircraft will first fly between DTW and Tokyo (NRT), and then will be introduced on flights from DTW to both ICN and Beijing (PEK) before the end of the year.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees