Watch Adorable Toddler Fist-Bump Fellow Southwest Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A complimentary snack and a drink is what most passengers expect to get aboard a Southwest flight, but during a recent trip from Kansas City to Chicago, a two-year-old toddler named Guy decided to raise the stakes. In a video posted on July 21, Guy is filmed cheerfully fist-bumping fellow passengers while walking down an airplane cabin’s narrow aisle.
The video was first posted on Instagram by Guy’s mother, Alya Jakubowicz, and later shared on Southwest’s Facebook page. Throughout the minute-long clip, Guy patiently waits until he’s acknowledged by fellow passengers — and even befriends the flight attendant. The passengers aren’t the only ones charmed by Guy: Over the past few days, the adorableness has garnered over 70,000 likes (and counting).
“Grown men were chuckling and laughing, saying how great he was. He even encouraged those with their heads in a screen to look up and interact in a positivity way. He actually waited until they did,” Jakubowicz told ABC.
Apparently, this isn’t Guy’s first time spreading amusement among fellow travelers in an airplane cabin. During a flight delay last year, his mother recalls letting a then 18-month-old Guy “loose in the aisle,” where he eventually learned how to fist-bump from another passenger on the plane.
Jakubowicz encourages Guy and his six-year-old sister to greet passengers for a practical reason — to help put other travelers at ease. She told ABC, “Whenever a child, especially a young child, boards a flight I think it is only natural for the passengers to be a bit uneasy about how their flight will go.”
Check out the video, below:
H/T: ABC 10 News
Featured image courtesy of Alya Jakubowicz via Instagram
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.