Watch Adorable Toddler Fist-Bump Fellow Southwest Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A complimentary snack and a drink is what most passengers expect to get aboard a Southwest flight, but during a recent trip from Kansas City to Chicago, a two-year-old toddler named Guy decided to raise the stakes. In a video posted on July 21, Guy is filmed cheerfully fist-bumping fellow passengers while walking down an airplane cabin’s narrow aisle.
The video was first posted on Instagram by Guy’s mother, Alya Jakubowicz, and later shared on Southwest’s Facebook page. Throughout the minute-long clip, Guy patiently waits until he’s acknowledged by fellow passengers — and even befriends the flight attendant. The passengers aren’t the only ones charmed by Guy: Over the past few days, the adorableness has garnered over 70,000 likes (and counting).
“Grown men were chuckling and laughing, saying how great he was. He even encouraged those with their heads in a screen to look up and interact in a positivity way. He actually waited until they did,” Jakubowicz told ABC.
Apparently, this isn’t Guy’s first time spreading amusement among fellow travelers in an airplane cabin. During a flight delay last year, his mother recalls letting a then 18-month-old Guy “loose in the aisle,” where he eventually learned how to fist-bump from another passenger on the plane.
Jakubowicz encourages Guy and his six-year-old sister to greet passengers for a practical reason — to help put other travelers at ease. She told ABC, “Whenever a child, especially a young child, boards a flight I think it is only natural for the passengers to be a bit uneasy about how their flight will go.”
Check out the video, below:
H/T: ABC 10 News
Featured image courtesy of Alya Jakubowicz via Instagram
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees