This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to traveling, every second counts. So, holding on a phone line for an airline agent just isn’t an option. And while having elite status might give you access to an additional phone line to call, sometimes even that is too busy. Or, if you don’t have status at all, often you’re left with no other option. The good news, however, is that there can be another way around it.
In many cases, calling an international phone line can allow you to bypass the high number of callers who are trying to reach the US phone line. Some airlines are worse than others when it comes to hold times. For example, British Airways often has long hold times. So, TPG recommends calling the Singapore office for an almost-immediate answer with an English-speaking representative.
Especially at peak call times — think weather delays and technology outages — any effort to get out of a long hold time is worth it. If possible, try calling a line that’s based in an English-speaking country so you’re almost guaranteed to be able to communicate. If you speak a second language, even better, as you can call other lines for quicker results.
Here are the international call center phone numbers for each of the major US airlines:
Featured image courtesy of PhotoAlto/Odilon Dimier via Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees