This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to traveling, every second counts. So, holding on a phone line for an airline agent just isn’t an option. And while having elite status might give you access to an additional phone line to call, sometimes even that is too busy. Or, if you don’t have status at all, often you’re left with no other option. The good news, however, is that there can be another way around it.
In many cases, calling an international phone line can allow you to bypass the high number of callers who are trying to reach the US phone line. Some airlines are worse than others when it comes to hold times. For example, British Airways often has long hold times. So, TPG recommends calling the Singapore office for an almost-immediate answer with an English-speaking representative.
Especially at peak call times — think weather delays and technology outages — any effort to get out of a long hold time is worth it. If possible, try calling a line that’s based in an English-speaking country so you’re almost guaranteed to be able to communicate. If you speak a second language, even better, as you can call other lines for quicker results.
Here are the international call center phone numbers for each of the major US airlines:
Featured image courtesy of PhotoAlto/Odilon Dimier via Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that