This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest and Chase are offering an increased sign-up bonus on a few of their co-branded credit cards. If you sign up for any of the three following cards, you’ll earn the increased sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements: the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card or the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
Here’s how the bonuses with minimum spend requirements break down for each of the three cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
This 60,000-point offer comes around every once in a while. Most recently, we saw the sign-up bonus on two of the cards increased to this elevated offer back in June before they dropped back to their normal level of 40,000 points. This limited-time sign-up bonus doesn’t have a set end date, but it’s better to act sooner rather than later, before the bonus drops to its normal level. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 60,000 points you’ll get with each of the cards are worth $900.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, you’ll earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on all other purchases. In addition, you’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary. There are no foreign transaction fees on the card, and the Rapid Rewards points you earn will never expire as long as your account is open. The card comes with a $99 annual fee. The business version of this card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, employee cards at no additional cost and no foreign transaction fees. It comes with a $99 annual fee.
The other personal card with this increased offer, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 3,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, and your points will never expire as long as your account is open. Keep in mind you will be charged foreign transaction fees with this card (3%). The card comes with a $69 annual fee.
The real value from these increased sign-up bonuses comes from the using them to work toward the coveted Southwest Companion Pass, one of the most valued frequent flyer perks in the industry. With the pass, a friend or family member can travel with you for almost free on any paid or award ticket (you’ll just need to pay the taxes and fees). You need to earn 110,000 Southwest points for the pass, which is valid for up to almost two years.
If you sign up for one of the personal cards and the business card and meet the $5,000 in minimum spending requirements, you’ll walk away with 120,000 points, earning you the Southwest Companion Pass. Just keep in mind that these personal Southwest cards do fall under Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Ultimately, this is a pretty great offer to jump on if you’ve been eyeing the card for a while and haven’t yet pulled the trigger. The 60,000 points you’ll earn as part of this limited-time offer will put you well on your way to earning the extremely valuable Companion Pass. And even if the Companion Pass isn’t on your radar, the increased bonus could be used toward some valuable Southwest award redemptions.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees