This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
Southwest and Chase are offering an increased sign-up bonus on a few of their co-branded credit cards. If you sign up for any of the three following cards, you’ll earn the increased sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements: the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card or the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
Here’s how the bonuses with minimum spend requirements break down for each of the three cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
This 60,000-point offer comes around every once in a while. Most recently, we saw the sign-up bonus on two of the cards increased to this elevated offer back in June before they dropped back to their normal level of 40,000 points. This limited-time sign-up bonus doesn’t have a set end date, but it’s better to act sooner rather than later, before the bonus drops to its normal level. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 60,000 points you’ll get with each of the cards are worth $900.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, you’ll earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on all other purchases. In addition, you’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary. There are no foreign transaction fees on the card, and the Rapid Rewards points you earn will never expire as long as your account is open. The card comes with a $99 annual fee. The business version of this card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, employee cards at no additional cost and no foreign transaction fees. It comes with a $99 annual fee.
The other personal card with this increased offer, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 3,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, and your points will never expire as long as your account is open. Keep in mind you will be charged foreign transaction fees with this card (3%). The card comes with a $69 annual fee.
The real value from these increased sign-up bonuses comes from the using them to work toward the coveted Southwest Companion Pass, one of the most valued frequent flyer perks in the industry. With the pass, a friend or family member can travel with you for almost free on any paid or award ticket (you’ll just need to pay the taxes and fees). You need to earn 110,000 Southwest points for the pass, which is valid for up to almost two years.
If you sign up for one of the personal cards and the business card and meet the $5,000 in minimum spending requirements, you’ll walk away with 120,000 points, earning you the Southwest Companion Pass. Just keep in mind that these personal Southwest cards do fall under Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Ultimately, this is a pretty great offer to jump on if you’ve been eyeing the card for a while and haven’t yet pulled the trigger. The 60,000 points you’ll earn as part of this limited-time offer will put you well on your way to earning the extremely valuable Companion Pass. And even if the Companion Pass isn’t on your radar, the increased bonus could be used toward some valuable Southwest award redemptions.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees