Limited-Time Only: Earn 60,000 Points With Southwest Card Bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Southwest and Chase are offering an increased sign-up bonus on a few of their co-branded credit cards. If you sign up for any of the three following cards, you’ll earn the increased sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements: the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card or the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
Here’s how the bonuses with minimum spend requirements break down for each of the three cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
This 60,000-point offer comes around every once in a while. Most recently, we saw the sign-up bonus on two of the cards increased to this elevated offer back in June before they dropped back to their normal level of 40,000 points. This limited-time sign-up bonus doesn’t have a set end date, but it’s better to act sooner rather than later, before the bonus drops to its normal level. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 60,000 points you’ll get with each of the cards are worth $900.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, you’ll earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on all other purchases. In addition, you’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary. There are no foreign transaction fees on the card, and the Rapid Rewards points you earn will never expire as long as your account is open. The card comes with a $99 annual fee. The business version of this card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, employee cards at no additional cost and no foreign transaction fees. It comes with a $99 annual fee.
The other personal card with this increased offer, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 3,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, and your points will never expire as long as your account is open. Keep in mind you will be charged foreign transaction fees with this card (3%). The card comes with a $69 annual fee.
The real value from these increased sign-up bonuses comes from the using them to work toward the coveted Southwest Companion Pass, one of the most valued frequent flyer perks in the industry. With the pass, a friend or family member can travel with you for almost free on any paid or award ticket (you’ll just need to pay the taxes and fees). You need to earn 110,000 Southwest points for the pass, which is valid for up to almost two years.
If you sign up for one of the personal cards and the business card and meet the $5,000 in minimum spending requirements, you’ll walk away with 120,000 points, earning you the Southwest Companion Pass. Just keep in mind that these personal Southwest cards do fall under Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Ultimately, this is a pretty great offer to jump on if you’ve been eyeing the card for a while and haven’t yet pulled the trigger. The 60,000 points you’ll earn as part of this limited-time offer will put you well on your way to earning the extremely valuable Companion Pass. And even if the Companion Pass isn’t on your radar, the increased bonus could be used toward some valuable Southwest award redemptions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees