Limited-Time Only: Earn 60,000 Points With Southwest Card Bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Southwest and Chase are offering an increased sign-up bonus on a few of their co-branded credit cards. If you sign up for any of the three following cards, you’ll earn the increased sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements: the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card or the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
Here’s how the bonuses with minimum spend requirements break down for each of the three cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
This 60,000-point offer comes around every once in a while. Most recently, we saw the sign-up bonus on two of the cards increased to this elevated offer back in June before they dropped back to their normal level of 40,000 points. This limited-time sign-up bonus doesn’t have a set end date, but it’s better to act sooner rather than later, before the bonus drops to its normal level. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 60,000 points you’ll get with each of the cards are worth $900.
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, you’ll earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on all other purchases. In addition, you’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary. There are no foreign transaction fees on the card, and the Rapid Rewards points you earn will never expire as long as your account is open. The card comes with a $99 annual fee. The business version of this card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, employee cards at no additional cost and no foreign transaction fees. It comes with a $99 annual fee.
The other personal card with this increased offer, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card, will allow you to earn 2x points on Southwest purchases and 1x points on everything else. You’ll get 3,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary, and your points will never expire as long as your account is open. Keep in mind you will be charged foreign transaction fees with this card (3%). The card comes with a $69 annual fee.
The real value from these increased sign-up bonuses comes from the using them to work toward the coveted Southwest Companion Pass, one of the most valued frequent flyer perks in the industry. With the pass, a friend or family member can travel with you for almost free on any paid or award ticket (you’ll just need to pay the taxes and fees). You need to earn 110,000 Southwest points for the pass, which is valid for up to almost two years.
If you sign up for one of the personal cards and the business card and meet the $5,000 in minimum spending requirements, you’ll walk away with 120,000 points, earning you the Southwest Companion Pass. Just keep in mind that these personal Southwest cards do fall under Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Ultimately, this is a pretty great offer to jump on if you’ve been eyeing the card for a while and haven’t yet pulled the trigger. The 60,000 points you’ll earn as part of this limited-time offer will put you well on your way to earning the extremely valuable Companion Pass. And even if the Companion Pass isn’t on your radar, the increased bonus could be used toward some valuable Southwest award redemptions.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.