This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying American Airlines just got a little sweeter… and hoppier. Starting today, the airline is stocking new cookies in domestic first/business class and new beer in all classes of service, both domestically and internationally.
First, the sweet stuff. AA is significantly upgrading its domestic first class and transcontinental business/first class cookie offering with treats from the Christie Cookie Co. Sadly though, regional flights won’t be stocked with the new cookies. Premium-class passengers will have the choice of either chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle varieties. Never heard of Christie Cookie Co.? Well, you may know these cookies better as the magical DoubleTree Hotels cookies.
And now, the beer. IPA fans will be pleased to know that AA is stocking cans of New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA on all mainline (again, regional flights are excluded for now) flights starting today. Unlike the new cookies, these beers won’t be limited to domestic flights. The carrier plans to add these beers to flights operated by regional jets later this year.
If you’re in economy, cans of beer will cost you $7 each. However, if you’re an American Airlines Executive Platinum — and your upgrade didn’t clear — you’ll can order a beer for free. AA top-tier elites get a free drink and snack when stuck in the Main Cabin.
While these aren’t revolutionary changes by any means, we’re happy to see that AA is making some customer-focused changes. And, unlike the exclusive Flagship First Dining, these improvements are directed at everyday travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Christie Cookie Co.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that