This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying American Airlines just got a little sweeter… and hoppier. Starting today, the airline is stocking new cookies in domestic first/business class and new beer in all classes of service, both domestically and internationally.
First, the sweet stuff. AA is significantly upgrading its domestic first class and transcontinental business/first class cookie offering with treats from the Christie Cookie Co. Sadly though, regional flights won’t be stocked with the new cookies. Premium-class passengers will have the choice of either chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle varieties. Never heard of Christie Cookie Co.? Well, you may know these cookies better as the magical DoubleTree Hotels cookies.
And now, the beer. IPA fans will be pleased to know that AA is stocking cans of New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA on all mainline (again, regional flights are excluded for now) flights starting today. Unlike the new cookies, these beers won’t be limited to domestic flights. The carrier plans to add these beers to flights operated by regional jets later this year.
If you’re in economy, cans of beer will cost you $7 each. However, if you’re an American Airlines Executive Platinum — and your upgrade didn’t clear — you’ll can order a beer for free. AA top-tier elites get a free drink and snack when stuck in the Main Cabin.
While these aren’t revolutionary changes by any means, we’re happy to see that AA is making some customer-focused changes. And, unlike the exclusive Flagship First Dining, these improvements are directed at everyday travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Christie Cookie Co.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards