Look out for These New Cookies and Beer the Next Time You Fly AA
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying American Airlines just got a little sweeter… and hoppier. Starting today, the airline is stocking new cookies in domestic first/business class and new beer in all classes of service, both domestically and internationally.
First, the sweet stuff. AA is significantly upgrading its domestic first class and transcontinental business/first class cookie offering with treats from the Christie Cookie Co. Sadly though, regional flights won’t be stocked with the new cookies. Premium-class passengers will have the choice of either chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle varieties. Never heard of Christie Cookie Co.? Well, you may know these cookies better as the magical DoubleTree Hotels cookies.
And now, the beer. IPA fans will be pleased to know that AA is stocking cans of New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA on all mainline (again, regional flights are excluded for now) flights starting today. Unlike the new cookies, these beers won’t be limited to domestic flights. The carrier plans to add these beers to flights operated by regional jets later this year.
If you’re in economy, cans of beer will cost you $7 each. However, if you’re an American Airlines Executive Platinum — and your upgrade didn’t clear — you’ll can order a beer for free. AA top-tier elites get a free drink and snack when stuck in the Main Cabin.
While these aren’t revolutionary changes by any means, we’re happy to see that AA is making some customer-focused changes. And, unlike the exclusive Flagship First Dining, these improvements are directed at everyday travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Christie Cookie Co.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.