This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying American Airlines just got a little sweeter… and hoppier. Starting today, the airline is stocking new cookies in domestic first/business class and new beer in all classes of service, both domestically and internationally.
First, the sweet stuff. AA is significantly upgrading its domestic first class and transcontinental business/first class cookie offering with treats from the Christie Cookie Co. Sadly though, regional flights won’t be stocked with the new cookies. Premium-class passengers will have the choice of either chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle varieties. Never heard of Christie Cookie Co.? Well, you may know these cookies better as the magical DoubleTree Hotels cookies.
And now, the beer. IPA fans will be pleased to know that AA is stocking cans of New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA on all mainline (again, regional flights are excluded for now) flights starting today. Unlike the new cookies, these beers won’t be limited to domestic flights. The carrier plans to add these beers to flights operated by regional jets later this year.
If you’re in economy, cans of beer will cost you $7 each. However, if you’re an American Airlines Executive Platinum — and your upgrade didn’t clear — you’ll can order a beer for free. AA top-tier elites get a free drink and snack when stuck in the Main Cabin.
While these aren’t revolutionary changes by any means, we’re happy to see that AA is making some customer-focused changes. And, unlike the exclusive Flagship First Dining, these improvements are directed at everyday travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Christie Cookie Co.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees