This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying American Airlines just got a little sweeter… and hoppier. Starting today, the airline is stocking new cookies in domestic first/business class and new beer in all classes of service, both domestically and internationally.
First, the sweet stuff. AA is significantly upgrading its domestic first class and transcontinental business/first class cookie offering with treats from the Christie Cookie Co. Sadly though, regional flights won’t be stocked with the new cookies. Premium-class passengers will have the choice of either chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle varieties. Never heard of Christie Cookie Co.? Well, you may know these cookies better as the magical DoubleTree Hotels cookies.
And now, the beer. IPA fans will be pleased to know that AA is stocking cans of New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA on all mainline (again, regional flights are excluded for now) flights starting today. Unlike the new cookies, these beers won’t be limited to domestic flights. The carrier plans to add these beers to flights operated by regional jets later this year.
If you’re in economy, cans of beer will cost you $7 each. However, if you’re an American Airlines Executive Platinum — and your upgrade didn’t clear — you’ll can order a beer for free. AA top-tier elites get a free drink and snack when stuck in the Main Cabin.
While these aren’t revolutionary changes by any means, we’re happy to see that AA is making some customer-focused changes. And, unlike the exclusive Flagship First Dining, these improvements are directed at everyday travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Christie Cookie Co.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees