This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everybody knows at least one person who’s terrible at taking a break from work. According to Project: Time Off, an organization that tracks the work vs. vacation habits of Americans, employees across the country left 662 million unused vacation days on the table in 2016. That’s a whole lot of sightseeing hours — 5,296,000,000 to be exact, if we’re being kind and estimating an eight-hour workday.
As a reminder to those perpetual office-dwellers that there is life outside of work, JetBlue has come up with a line of “office souvenirs” it hopes will poke fun at the problem and inspire those people to turn PDFs into PTO. The fun lineup of goodies, which can be purchased online, puts an office humor spin on traditional travel souvenirs, from mugs and snow globes to T-shirts and towels.
Love a good snow globe? How about adding this one, which features a replica of your favorite office printer — which only jams half the time — in the center.
Remember that time you had an early morning brainstorm meeting and your boss was thoughtful enough to bring bagels? This commemorative plate will make sure you never forget.
Who wants to stare at a perfectly constructed tiny ship in a bottle when a thumbtack is so much more colorful?
Not to sound biased, but we’re pretty sure the best conference call that ever happened in the history of your company was the one where you got to type in the leader code. This handsome statue — which comes in three sizes — will serve as a constant reminder of that shining moment.
Who needs a beach when you’ve got an Excel spreadsheet beach towel?
It’s hardly surprising that scent and memory are closely connected. Anytime you want to relive that Monday morning where you got to inaugurate the new office whiteboard, this candle will take you back.
These fun trinkets are sure to go with any type of cubicle. Which one best represents you?
All images courtesy of JetBlue.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees