Deal Alert: JetBlue Flash Sale With Fares From $39 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue’s running another one of its famous flash sales — this time, with fares starting at $39 one-way or $78 round-trip. This “Fetch a Low Fare” sale includes both domestic and international destinations, so there are plenty of options. In order to snag one of these fares, you must book by August 16, 2017 at 11:59pm ET, for travel between September 6 and November 7, 2017. Note that there are blackout dates between September 20-25 and October 5-9.
There are a number of cities included in this flash sale, so it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page. The best way to search for availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to book on JetBlue’s website. Also note that for many of the routes, the lowest fares are for Tuesday or Wednesday travel.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $39+ one-way, $78+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – November 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to Reno (RNO) for $39 one-way in November:
Long Beach (LGB) to Reno (RNO) for 1,900 points + $5.60 one-way in November:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) for $53 one-way in September:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $63 one-way in September:
New York (JFK) to Bermuda (BDA) for $63 one-way in September:
Reno (RNO) to Long Beach (LGB) for $78 round-trip in October:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Chicago (ORD) for $96 round-trip in October:
Boston (BOS) to Atlanta (ATL) for $114 round-trip in September:
Orlando (MCO) to Newark (EWR) for $128 round-trip in September:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Bahamas courtesy of Figula Photography via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.