Hotels With Discounted Hurricane Harvey Evacuation Rates
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disasters bring out the best and worst in individuals and businesses, and I’m sure the Texas coast’s tussle with Hurricane Harvey this weekend will be no exception. Many, like us, have had to cancel planned travel due to the storm, so some hotels that thought they would be playing host to a crop of late summer travelers instead probably saw some of those leisure travelers cancel their plans as the storm drew near.
At the same time, many areas in Texas are under mandatory and voluntary evacuation orders as the Weather Channel’s homepage sums up the situation quite nicely for those near where the storm will make landfall today. In all honesty what it probably means is “Hope You Already Got Out”. Even if you don’t live where flooding is a life threatening situation, being without power for days or potentially weeks in Texas in late August is not pleasant. I know my parents north of Houston had no power for 11 days after Hurricane Ike in 2008, and I don’t personally want to repeat that situation with little kids.
Given all of that, I love that many Texas hotels are using their lower leisure occupancy rates to slash rates for those impacted by Harvey, as opposed to jacking up rates to take advantage of more desperate travelers who are seeking higher ground and stronger buildings.
This is just a sampling of the hotels that are offering discounted Harvey evacuation rates, but please feel free to leave further examples in the comments section. If you need a room I would book sooner rather than later as many places are already full and others will follow.
has special evacuation rates of $99, available Friday through Monday, plus waived pet fee for up to two animals.
Use the promo code STORMY at hotelderek.com to claim this offer.
Lowered rates for distressed travelers. If you need to evacuate, stay safe with us for rates as low as $89 with free breakfast for everyone. Call us today or visit us online. We also have lowered rates at our sister hotel right next door, the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Cypress Station.
Wyndham Garden Riverwalk
Anyone in South Texas whom is traveling to San Antonio due to Harvey can access a $99 evacuation rate available at the Wyndham Garden Riverwalk. Please call for reservations
Omni La Mansion del Rio is offering an Emergency Evacuation Rate for all individuals who are seeking shelter in San Antonio. Proof of residency will be requested upon check-in to ensure we can accommodate those in need. Click the link below to book for $109
La Cantera Resort and Spa $119 per night for those impacted by Harvey, proof of residency is required.
Call for hurricane rates that include parking 210-223-4361.
Stay safe, y’all!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.