Hotels With Discounted Hurricane Harvey Evacuation Rates
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disasters bring out the best and worst in individuals and businesses, and I’m sure the Texas coast’s tussle with Hurricane Harvey this weekend will be no exception. Many, like us, have had to cancel planned travel due to the storm, so some hotels that thought they would be playing host to a crop of late summer travelers instead probably saw some of those leisure travelers cancel their plans as the storm drew near.
At the same time, many areas in Texas are under mandatory and voluntary evacuation orders as the Weather Channel’s homepage sums up the situation quite nicely for those near where the storm will make landfall today. In all honesty what it probably means is “Hope You Already Got Out”. Even if you don’t live where flooding is a life threatening situation, being without power for days or potentially weeks in Texas in late August is not pleasant. I know my parents north of Houston had no power for 11 days after Hurricane Ike in 2008, and I don’t personally want to repeat that situation with little kids.
Given all of that, I love that many Texas hotels are using their lower leisure occupancy rates to slash rates for those impacted by Harvey, as opposed to jacking up rates to take advantage of more desperate travelers who are seeking higher ground and stronger buildings.
This is just a sampling of the hotels that are offering discounted Harvey evacuation rates, but please feel free to leave further examples in the comments section. If you need a room I would book sooner rather than later as many places are already full and others will follow.
has special evacuation rates of $99, available Friday through Monday, plus waived pet fee for up to two animals.
Use the promo code STORMY at hotelderek.com to claim this offer.
Lowered rates for distressed travelers. If you need to evacuate, stay safe with us for rates as low as $89 with free breakfast for everyone. Call us today or visit us online. We also have lowered rates at our sister hotel right next door, the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Cypress Station.
Wyndham Garden Riverwalk
Anyone in South Texas whom is traveling to San Antonio due to Harvey can access a $99 evacuation rate available at the Wyndham Garden Riverwalk. Please call for reservations
Omni La Mansion del Rio is offering an Emergency Evacuation Rate for all individuals who are seeking shelter in San Antonio. Proof of residency will be requested upon check-in to ensure we can accommodate those in need. Click the link below to book for $109
La Cantera Resort and Spa $119 per night for those impacted by Harvey, proof of residency is required.
Call for hurricane rates that include parking 210-223-4361.
Stay safe, y’all!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees