Delta Introduces Video Chat Function for Customers to Interact With Agents
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the commercial airline industry, carriers are constantly trying to outdo one another with innovations, no matter how big or small they may be. Take, for example, Delta’s latest development, which allows customers to video chat with the airline’s reservations team. Delta is the first carrier in the US to offer a video chat function for its customers.
Delta announced Tuesday that passengers traveling through Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) can choose to video chat with a Delta representative. At DCA, passengers who are interested in the video chat function will see five digital screens with individual receivers. If you’re interested, all you have to do is pick up the tablet, initiate the video with a touch and you’ll then be connected via video with a Delta rep.
This latest addition from Delta is intended to make the airport and customer service experience easier, faster and more personable. But we can also see how the video chat functionality has the potential to be a bit awkward. Airport terminals around the ticket counter are loud and hectic, so it seems like an odd place to implement a new video chat function.
Delta’s innovating in the reservations and customer service platforms in that it recommends that passengers interact with the airline on social media in addition to calling and emailing the airline. Plus, the Atlanta-based carrier is in the process of turning the airport experience into a paper-free one, using passengers’ fingerprints. Perhaps this video technology will take off, bound for other airports, but we’re curious to see how this pilot program works out.
Featured image courtesy of Delta.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees