Watch Delta Move Its Fleet Around ATL — in 360°
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When many people think about the romance of flying, thoughts come to mind like cruising at 30,000 feet in the air, being served champagne and gourmet food and then sleeping the rest of their way in a lie-flat bed. But to make all that happen is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that isn’t so glamorous.
The Delta ground crew at Atlanta (ATL) released a video showing just a sliver of the enormous logistics required to move aircraft around the Delta’s hub at Hartfield-Jackson airport. According to the airline the team there “tugs an average of 120 million pounds of plane on a normal day.”
In this video you’ll see a day in the life of one of Delta’s “Tugs” — from pushing and pulling widebody and narrowbody aircraft, this tug goes all over America’s busiest airport. Watch the 360° timelapse here:
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.