This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Fly from all over the US to several European cities with tickets starting at just $261 round-trip on Norwegian. Most of these deals are valid for departures from October 2017 through March 2018, but exact availability will depend on which specific route you’re flying. Many of the low-cost carrier’s US gateways are included in this sale, including Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (EWR and JFK) and Oakland (OAK).
To search for these low fares, we recommend using Google Flights and then book through Norwegian’s website for the lowest price. Some may require you to book separate tickets on different versions of the carrier’s website, but Google Flights will indicate when that is necessary as it’s not in all cases.
Route: EWR/FLL/JFK/LAX/OAK to ARN/BCN/CPH/FCO/LGW/OSL
Cost: $261+ round-trip in economy
Dates: November 2017 – March 2018
Booking Link: Norwegian
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $261 round-trip in December:
New York (JFK) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $292 round-trip in November:
Boston (BOS) to Oslo (OSL) for $310 round-trip in October:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $327 round-trip in December:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Barcelona (BCN) for $333 round-trip in November:
Oakland (OAK) to London (LGW) for $339 round-trip in November:
New York (JFK) to London (LGW) for $345 round-trip in October:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $359 round-trip in November:
Seattle (SEA) to London (LGW) for $372 round-trip in December:
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $383 round-trip in November:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, let us know in the comments below.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees