Deal Alert: US Cities to Europe From $179 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Norwegian is back with even more amazing fares, this time with round-trip flights to Europe starting at just $179! The low-cost carrier has officially announced its Fall Fare Sale, saying it has over 20,000 seats on offer and that this is the airline’s biggest sale ever.
It seems that flights are on sale from basically every US city that Norwegian serves, meaning you’ll find cheap tickets from the East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest. You’ll want to click on this link and choose your departure region and from there you will see what routes are on sale. The cheapest round-trip tickets we found were for New York/Newburgh (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for just $179, which is quite the deal. Long-haul flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) are only $327 round-trip — and that’s aboard Norwegian’s 787 Dreamliner.
The sale is supposed to last until September 6, but it’s quite possible that the low fares will be sold out before than. Fares are scattered from September 2017 through May 2018.
You can also search with Google Flights and then book through Norwegian’s website for the lowest possible price. Some require itineraries require you to book separate tickets on different versions of the carrier’s website, but Google Flights will indicate when that is necessary as it’s not in all cases.
Route: US Cities to Europe
Cost: $179+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – May 2018
Booking Link: Norwegian
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newburgh (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for $179 round-trip in October:
Providence (PVD) to Cork (ORK) for $234 round-trip in September:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $261 round-trip in March:
Boston (BOS) to London (LGW) for $290 round-trip in January:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $327 round-trip in November:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Barcelona (BCN) for $333 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Yoann Jezequel/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.