Deal Alert: US Cities to Europe From $179 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Norwegian is back with even more amazing fares, this time with round-trip flights to Europe starting at just $179! The low-cost carrier has officially announced its Fall Fare Sale, saying it has over 20,000 seats on offer and that this is the airline’s biggest sale ever.
It seems that flights are on sale from basically every US city that Norwegian serves, meaning you’ll find cheap tickets from the East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest. You’ll want to click on this link and choose your departure region and from there you will see what routes are on sale. The cheapest round-trip tickets we found were for New York/Newburgh (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for just $179, which is quite the deal. Long-haul flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) are only $327 round-trip — and that’s aboard Norwegian’s 787 Dreamliner.
The sale is supposed to last until September 6, but it’s quite possible that the low fares will be sold out before than. Fares are scattered from September 2017 through May 2018.
You can also search with Google Flights and then book through Norwegian’s website for the lowest possible price. Some require itineraries require you to book separate tickets on different versions of the carrier’s website, but Google Flights will indicate when that is necessary as it’s not in all cases.
Route: US Cities to Europe
Cost: $179+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – May 2018
Booking Link: Norwegian
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newburgh (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for $179 round-trip in October:
Providence (PVD) to Cork (ORK) for $234 round-trip in September:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $261 round-trip in March:
Boston (BOS) to London (LGW) for $290 round-trip in January:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $327 round-trip in November:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Barcelona (BCN) for $333 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Yoann Jezequel/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees