This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Royal Jordanian is currently offering great fares from both New York (JFK) and Chicago (ORD) to Dubai (DXB) — score a ticket from just $547 round-trip. These fares are available for departures from February through March of next year. Flights to Dubai are typically at least a few hundred dollars more expensive than these prices, so if you’ve been wanting to visit, now’s the time to book. Plus, since Royal Jordanian is a Oneworld alliance partner, you can credit your flights to your American AAdvantage account. Note that you’ll have a stop in each way in Amman (AMM), but the layovers are generally short. In this case, you’ll want to search for your tickets through Google Flights and then complete booking through Expedia.
Airlines: Royal Jordanian
Routes: JFK/ORD to DXB
Cost: $547+ round-trip in economy
Dates: February – March 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Dubai (DXB) for $547 round-trip on Royal Jordanian:
Chicago (ORD) to Dubai (DXB) for $547 round-trip on Royal Jordanian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out 5 Things to Keep in Mind When You See an Insane Flight Deal, and this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards