This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
What better way to escape the chilly fall and frigid winter than with a trip to beautiful Spain? Book a ticket from either Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR), Fort Lauderdale (FLL) or Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN), Madrid (MAD) or Malaga (AGP) from just $313 round-trip on Norwegian. Flights are generally available from November 2017 through January 2018, but exact availability will depend based on city pair — be sure to do your research on Google Flights to select an itinerary, and then complete booking on the airline’s site.
Route: BOS/EWR/LAX/FLL to BCN/MAD/AGP
Cost: $313 round-trip in economy
Dates: November 2017 – January 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $313 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $329 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $344 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Barcelona (BCN) for $362 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Malaga (AGP) for $428 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Barcelona, Spain courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards