This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While some customers may not be eager to add weight to their wallets, metal credit cards are all the rage these days. Last summer’s launch of the Chase Sapphire Reserve took this trend mainstream, and now other premium cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and Citi Prestige are following suit.
Well, now it looks like the most premium American Airlines credit card is getting a metallic makeover, too. Recently, Citi began issuing metal cards for the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard — new cards will be issued with a metal finish, and existing cardholders can now call in to have a metal replacement card sent over if they wish. The card design (pictured above) hasn’t changed at all, but the new metal finish makes it much more durable.
The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard’s appeal goes far beyond its look and feel, though. Not only does this card get you access to American Airlines Admirals Clubs — including for authorized users, which are free to add — it’s currently offering an outstanding sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. Just beware of this important Citi restriction, noted in the offer details:
American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Especially if you’re eligible for the sky-high bonus, the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is hard to beat. For metal credit card lovers, this updated design is just icing on the cake.
Does a metal finish make the AAdvantage Executive card more appealing to you?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards