This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While some customers may not be eager to add weight to their wallets, metal credit cards are all the rage these days. Last summer’s launch of the Chase Sapphire Reserve took this trend mainstream, and now other premium cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and Citi Prestige are following suit.
Well, now it looks like the most premium American Airlines credit card is getting a metallic makeover, too. Recently, Citi began issuing metal cards for the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard — new cards will be issued with a metal finish, and existing cardholders can now call in to have a metal replacement card sent over if they wish. The card design (pictured above) hasn’t changed at all, but the new metal finish makes it much more durable.
The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard’s appeal goes far beyond its look and feel, though. Not only does this card get you access to American Airlines Admirals Clubs — including for authorized users, which are free to add — it’s currently offering an outstanding sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. Just beware of this important Citi restriction, noted in the offer details:
American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Especially if you’re eligible for the sky-high bonus, the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is hard to beat. For metal credit card lovers, this updated design is just icing on the cake.
Does a metal finish make the AAdvantage Executive card more appealing to you?
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees