Citi’s Now Issuing Metal American AAdvantage Executive Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG Advertising Partner.
While some customers may not be eager to add weight to their wallets, metal credit cards are all the rage these days. Last summer’s launch of the Chase Sapphire Reserve took this trend mainstream, and now other premium cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and Citi Prestige are following suit.
Well, now it looks like the most premium American Airlines credit card is getting a metallic makeover, too. Recently, Citi began issuing metal cards for the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard — new cards will be issued with a metal finish, and existing cardholders can now call in to have a metal replacement card sent over if they wish. The card design (pictured above) hasn’t changed at all, but the new metal finish makes it much more durable.
The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard’s appeal goes far beyond its look and feel, though. Not only does this card get you access to American Airlines Admirals Clubs — including for authorized users, which are free to add — it’s currently offering an outstanding sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. Just beware of this important Citi restriction, noted in the offer details:
American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Especially if you’re eligible for the sky-high bonus, the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is hard to beat. For metal credit card lovers, this updated design is just icing on the cake.
Does a metal finish make the AAdvantage Executive card more appealing to you?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees