Can I Get a Citi 4th Night Free Credit for Two Rooms?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
The Citi Prestige Card’s 4th Night Free benefit is easily one of the travel industry’s top perks, but there are some important restrictions to keep in mind if you want to be sure to score a credit. That’s what TPG reader Jennifer wanted to clarify when she reached out via Facebook…
If I use the Citi Prestige to book two rooms in a hotel for four nights each, would the fourth night be free for both rooms?TPG Reader Jennifer
Citi’s 4th Night Free program is incredibly generous. You’ll receive a one-night statement credit (or discount) equivalent to the average daily rate when you book a stay of at least four nights. Taxes are no longer included, but it’s still possible to save thousands of dollars on each and every stay — depending on your rate, of course.
The perk is also surprisingly flexible. You can now book eligible stays online (and receive the 4th Night Free in the form of an instant discount), and if the hotel or rate you’d like to book isn’t available through Citi’s website, you can still call up a Concierge to complete your booking. And while many online reservations made aren’t eligible for elite benefits and credit at the hotel, you can still take advantage of your loyalty program benefits when you book a stay through the Concierge via phone or email.
The benefit itself is uncapped, in that you aren’t limited in the number of credits you can earn each year, although there are some important restrictions to note, most of which are outlined on Citi’s FAQ page here. Jennifer specifically asks about receiving a credit for two rooms at the same hotel on the same dates. Unfortunately Citi’s policy is cut-and-dried here:
If multiple rooms are booked for the same, or overlapping dates, only one will qualify for the Complimentary 4th Night benefit.
So, no, it isn’t possible to earn the credit for two rooms booked at the same time. Consecutive four-night stays at the same hotel also aren’t eligible — you’ll only receive the 4th Night Free credit once — but there’s nothing stopping you from moving to a hotel down the street for your second block of four nights in order to receive a second credit or discount.
While this likely wasn’t the answer you were looking for, Jennifer, at least it’s easy to get some clarity through Citi’s website — and you’ll still be eligible for one 4th Night Free credit, of course, assuming you book through Citi, pay with your Prestige Card and are booking the stay for yourself, rather than a family member or friend.
Featured image of a living room at the Park Hyatt Guangzhou.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.