Can I Get a Citi 4th Night Free Credit for Two Rooms?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
The Citi Prestige Card’s 4th Night Free benefit is easily one of the travel industry’s top perks, but there are some important restrictions to keep in mind if you want to be sure to score a credit. That’s what TPG reader Jennifer wanted to clarify when she reached out via Facebook…
If I use the Citi Prestige to book two rooms in a hotel for four nights each, would the fourth night be free for both rooms?TPG Reader Jennifer
Citi’s 4th Night Free program is incredibly generous. You’ll receive a one-night statement credit (or discount) equivalent to the average daily rate when you book a stay of at least four nights. Taxes are no longer included, but it’s still possible to save thousands of dollars on each and every stay — depending on your rate, of course.
The perk is also surprisingly flexible. You can now book eligible stays online (and receive the 4th Night Free in the form of an instant discount), and if the hotel or rate you’d like to book isn’t available through Citi’s website, you can still call up a Concierge to complete your booking. And while many online reservations made aren’t eligible for elite benefits and credit at the hotel, you can still take advantage of your loyalty program benefits when you book a stay through the Concierge via phone or email.
The benefit itself is uncapped, in that you aren’t limited in the number of credits you can earn each year, although there are some important restrictions to note, most of which are outlined on Citi’s FAQ page here. Jennifer specifically asks about receiving a credit for two rooms at the same hotel on the same dates. Unfortunately Citi’s policy is cut-and-dried here:
If multiple rooms are booked for the same, or overlapping dates, only one will qualify for the Complimentary 4th Night benefit.
So, no, it isn’t possible to earn the credit for two rooms booked at the same time. Consecutive four-night stays at the same hotel also aren’t eligible — you’ll only receive the 4th Night Free credit once — but there’s nothing stopping you from moving to a hotel down the street for your second block of four nights in order to receive a second credit or discount.
While this likely wasn’t the answer you were looking for, Jennifer, at least it’s easy to get some clarity through Citi’s website — and you’ll still be eligible for one 4th Night Free credit, of course, assuming you book through Citi, pay with your Prestige Card and are booking the stay for yourself, rather than a family member or friend.
Featured image of a living room at the Park Hyatt Guangzhou.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees