Earn 50,000 Miles With the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific launched its first US credit card back in February, with a sign-up bonus of 25,000 miles after spending $2,500 in the first 90 days. From now until October 31, however, you’ll be able to earn double that bonus when you sign up for and are approved for the card — and the best part is that the minimum spending requirement’s staying the same.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 50,000 Cathay Pacific Asia Miles are worth $700. While you’ll need some more miles for most of the airline’s sought-after premium-cabin redemptions — such as TPG’s first-class trip on the 777-300ER from Ho Chi Minh City to New York, which would set you back 130,000 miles one-way — the 50k sign-up bonus is the perfect amount to clinch you a one-way first-class flight from New York to Vancouver. And if you’re already banking some Asia Miles, you could book a round-trip award on that same route for just 20,000 more miles. If you’re looking for more redemption ideas and tips on how to maximize the Asia Miles award charts, make sure to check out this post.
As for the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Card itself, its main features include 2x Asia Miles on purchases with the carrier, 1.5x miles on dining and purchases made outside the US and 1 mile per dollar on all other domestic purchases. The card waives foreign transaction fees and grants you complimentary Green tier membership in Cathay’s Marco Polo Club loyalty program for your first year of enrollment. There’s also a $95 annual fee.
Keep in mind that there are other ways to boost your Asia Miles balance: The program is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest. Still, if you’re looking for another way to work toward an award on Cathay Pacific or one of its partners, signing up for this card may make sense, and it’s certainly a better time than ever to pull the trigger.
How would you redeem 50,000 Asia Miles?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.