This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is targeting cardholders with an enticing offer to earn bonus Membership Rewards points. Depending what you were targeted for, you could earn up to 10,000 points for meeting a minimum spend threshold with amextravel.com.
One TPG staffer received the following offer on his Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express for 10,000 points after spending $500 or more on a prepaid hotel stay through amextravel.com. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 10,000 bonus points are worth $190.
I was targeted for a similar offer on my Platinum Card® from American Express — 7,500 points after $500 or more in spend on a prepaid hotel booking on amextravel.com. Based on TPG’s valuations, those 7,500 points are worth $143. These are just two examples of offers we saw at TPG HQ, but there could be others out there.
The at least $500 in spend must be made on a single booking by September 30, 2017 in order to be eligible for the bonus Membership Rewards points. In addition, this isn’t an automatic offer — if you were targeted, you must register to be eligible. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the offer is not eligible for Fine Hotels & Resorts booking.
If you’re planning on making a hotel booking and were targeted for this offer, it could be well worth registering and booking through amextravel.com in order to claim your points. This could be an especially rewarding offer when you consider the earning structure of the Amex Platinum Card. You’ll earn 5x points on hotels booked through amextravel.com, meaning that if you make a booking through the portal for $600 and were targeted for the 10,000 Amex Offer, you’ll walk away with 13,000 Membership Rewards points, worth $247 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Featured image courtesy of The Fullerton Bay Hotel, Singapore.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees