This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express, The Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express is targeting cardholders with an enticing offer to earn bonus Membership Rewards points. Depending what you were targeted for, you could earn up to 10,000 points for meeting a minimum spend threshold with amextravel.com.
One TPG staffer received the following offer on his Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express for 10,000 points after spending $500 or more on a prepaid hotel stay through amextravel.com. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 10,000 bonus points are worth $190.
I was targeted for a similar offer on my Platinum Card® from American Express — 7,500 points after $500 or more in spend on a prepaid hotel booking on amextravel.com. Based on TPG’s valuations, those 7,500 points are worth $143. These are just two examples of offers we saw at TPG HQ, but there could be others out there.
The at least $500 in spend must be made on a single booking by September 30, 2017 in order to be eligible for the bonus Membership Rewards points. In addition, this isn’t an automatic offer — if you were targeted, you must register to be eligible. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the offer is not eligible for Fine Hotels & Resorts booking.
If you’re planning on making a hotel booking and were targeted for this offer, it could be well worth registering and booking through amextravel.com in order to claim your points. This could be an especially rewarding offer when you consider the earning structure of the Amex Platinum Card. You’ll earn 5x points on hotels booked through amextravel.com, meaning that if you make a booking through the portal for $600 and were targeted for the 10,000 Amex Offer, you’ll walk away with 13,000 Membership Rewards points, worth $247 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Featured image courtesy of The Fullerton Bay Hotel, Singapore.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards