Deadline Extended for 10,000 Free Alaska MileagePlan Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year, Alaska Airlines acquired Virgin America. The resulting merger has been a long and drawn-out process. One of the first steps was allowing Virgin America Elevate members to transfer miles to Alaska’s Mileage Plan at a ratio of 1:1.3. And, at the time, Alaska was sweetening the deal by offering 10,000 bonus miles (worth $190 based on TPG’s most recent valuations) through February 28, 2017. Now, Alaska is extending that offer — yet again — through December 31, 2017.
If you’re an Elevate member who has yet to create and merge a MileagePlan account, you now have more time to take advantage of this offer. In order to create an account, you’ll want to register through this link on Alaska’s site. You’ll be asked for your Elevate program number and some personal information before creating a MileagePlan User ID and password. Once you’ve created the account, you’ll be awarded the 10,000 miles.
If you already have a MileagePlan account, Alaska will deposit the 10,000 miles in your account. The only restriction is that you must have had activity in both accounts within the past 18 months. So, even if you’ve got a membership with both programs, you’ll be able to receive the 10,000 miles.
As far as transferring your Elevate points to MileagePlan miles, you’ll likely want to wait until you have a specific redemption in mind. You can only transfer in the one direction — transfers from MileagePlan to Elevate are not possible. However, come early 2018 if you don’t transfer points to miles, all of your Elevate points will automatically become MileagePlan miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.