Get Early Boarding on Alaska by Wearing the Right Clothes
While it might seem crazy, one airline is allowing passengers to board early simply for wearing the right piece of clothing. Beginning today, you can get early boarding on all Alaska Airlines flights originating in Seattle (SEA) as long as you’re wearing a Russell Wilson #3 Seattle Seahawks jersey.
This promotion will probably sound familiar for those who’ve flown Alaska in the past few years. After all, this isn’t the first time that the carrier has done it — it ran a similar version of this promo back in 2013 when Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson first signed on with the airline as its “Chief Football Officer“.
Along with playing football, this CFO role seems to require the three-time Pro Bowler to star in a series of cringe-worthy (but also kind of funny) advertisements known as “The Russell Wilson Show.” Here’s Wilson’s take on Alaska’s merger with Virgin America:
Hmm. That doesn’t seem to be so complimentary of an airline brand beloved by many. Maybe he should just stick to football. Anyways… Seahawks fans can likely expect a lot of attention from both Alaska and Delta again this season. While Delta is the official airline of the Seahawks, both airlines continue to battle for the hearts of Seattle 12s.
Last season, Delta gave away over 55 million SkyMiles to Seahawks fans based on the team’s performance. Also, Seattle residents that didn’t previously have a SkyMiles account could get 5,000 miles from a round-trip flight and Delta Gold status from just two round-trip flights. “Hometown airline” Alaska countered with a less generous 400,000-mile sweepstakes of sorts along with a 12% discount on certain flights to away games.
As the competition heats up on the field, it’ll be interesting to see if the tension between the former partner airlines flares up again. If so, you can count on Seattle residents to notch a win in the mileage game.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.