This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is celebrating the launch of several routes with a very generous offer for Privilege Club members. Between now and March 31, 2018, you can earn up to 500,000 bonus miles for traveling on each of the carrier’s upcoming first flights to or from any of its new destinations.
In order to get the 500,000 Qmiles, you must fly on the first flight for all of its new destinations that are launching between now and March 31, 2018. The first three of the new routes launch in August: Sohar (OHS), Prague (PRG) and Kiev (KBP). If this promo is something you’re interested in, here are the details on each of the carrier’s first flights for the three new destinations:
- Doha (DOH) to Sohar (OHS) — Departs August 8 at 1:20pm
- Cost at time of writing: $309 one-way in economy
- Doha (DOH) to Prague (PRG) — Departs August 21 at 8:00am
- Cost at time of writing: $612 one-way in economy
- Doha (DOH) to Kiev (KBP) — Departs August 28 at 3:15pm
- Cost at time of writing: $710 one-way in economy
In order to get the miles, be sure you input your membership number at the time of booking or check-in so that the miles are automatically credited to your account. This offer is valid only for main members, and award tickets are not eligible. Note that the first flights can be those to or from new destinations — they’re not required to originate in DOH.
If you’re able to fly on all of the first flights through March 31, 2018, you’ll walk away with 500,000 Qmiles. While TPG doesn’t include Qatar in his monthly valuations, 500,000 Qmiles will get you pretty far. You can fly round-trip between New York (JFK) and Doha (DOH) for 140,000 Qmiles in business class. When the carrier’s new business-class product Qsuite launches between JFK and DOH later this year, you can fly round-trip in the excellent new product for the same amount of miles. So, with this 500,000 bonus offer, you can afford three round-trip business-class tickets.
Qatar is showing no signs of curtailing its expansion plans, even given the strain on its routes that it’s seen since several Gulf nations cut ties with the State of Qatar. Since the carrier’s had to adapt to the restrictions, it’s found out new ways to be able to move passengers around the region. This promo is surely an attempt to generate buzz surrounding the airline and to get people on board its airplanes on these new routes.
If you’re able to take advantage of this deal from Qatar, it could be well worth the time. Considering the value you could get out of the 500,000 Qmiles, the money you’d be required to spend for the one-way tickets for each of the first flights could prove to be worth it, especially if you’re based in the region.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards