Great Deal: Earn 50 United Miles Per Dollar With MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We occasionally see offers for 50 miles per dollar spent on magazine subscriptions… but clothing you might actually want to own? This might be a first.
Currently, a company called Stitch Fix is making a huge push on United’s MileagePlus Shopping portal, offering customers an outrageous 50 miles per dollar spent on men’s and women’s clothing.
Based on TPG’s valuations, United miles are worth 1.5 cents each, so that’s a whopping 75% return — but I usually manage to get far more value out of them than that, such as on this Thai first class flight from Sydney to Bangkok, where I scored 6.62 cents per mile (a ~330% return with this Stitch Fix offer). So this has the potential to be an unbeatable deal.
Now, normally I wouldn’t even bother looking at a site like Stitch Fix, unless it were offering an incredible deal. And, well, wouldn’t you know! 50 miles per dollar spent is just the offer I’m looking for.
Based on a sampling of TPG employees (and the promo I see when I’m not logged into my account), it seems that this 50 miles/dollar offer is available exclusively for United co-branded cardholders. I have both the United MileagePlus Explorer Card and the United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card, so it makes sense that I’m seeing the higher bonus (compared to 30 miles/dollar for non-cardholders).
If you manage to spend $600 (either through Stitch Fix or a combination of other retailers), you’ll score an extra 3,000 miles. If you spent exactly $600, you’ll end up with 33,000 miles, conservatively worth $495.
But Stitch Fix isn’t your typical clothing store — you can’t see prices upfront (though you can offer guidelines) or select specific items to order. Here’s how MileagePlus Shopping describes this site:
Stitch Fix is the online personal styling service (for women & men) tailored to your taste, budget and lifestyle. Fill out a Style Profile, & one of Stitch Fix’s expert stylists will hand-select five apparel, footwear and accessory items just for you. Only pay for what you keep & return the rest in a prepaid return envelope. You can receive Fixes on various cadences, or on a date that meets your needs – no subscription required.
Meanwhile, the only terms and conditions state:
Only eligible on new customer Stitch Fix orders. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
So, if you’ve ordered through Stitch Fix before, you’re probably out of luck. Also, be sure to avoid adding any coupon or discount codes — I can’t imagine they’ll offer a better return than the 50 miles per dollar you’re getting here.
So how many miles will I earn? Honestly, I haven’t a clue. I filled out my preferences (clothing styles, sizes and so on), provided my billing and shipping info and was told to expect a delivery on August 19. So someone’s going to decide which outfits I might like, and I’ll pay for what I keep. I imagine I’ll earn 50 miles per dollar on the items I don’t send back, so I’ll certainly be more inclined to hold on to the goods this time around. This isn’t a great opportunity to “buy” miles at a cheap rate, though.
Will you be earning a huge return on your Stitch Fix order?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees