Great Deal: Earn 50 United Miles Per Dollar With MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We occasionally see offers for 50 miles per dollar spent on magazine subscriptions… but clothing you might actually want to own? This might be a first.
Currently, a company called Stitch Fix is making a huge push on United’s MileagePlus Shopping portal, offering customers an outrageous 50 miles per dollar spent on men’s and women’s clothing.
Based on TPG’s valuations, United miles are worth 1.5 cents each, so that’s a whopping 75% return — but I usually manage to get far more value out of them than that, such as on this Thai first class flight from Sydney to Bangkok, where I scored 6.62 cents per mile (a ~330% return with this Stitch Fix offer). So this has the potential to be an unbeatable deal.
Now, normally I wouldn’t even bother looking at a site like Stitch Fix, unless it were offering an incredible deal. And, well, wouldn’t you know! 50 miles per dollar spent is just the offer I’m looking for.
Based on a sampling of TPG employees (and the promo I see when I’m not logged into my account), it seems that this 50 miles/dollar offer is available exclusively for United co-branded cardholders. I have both the United MileagePlus Explorer Card and the United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card, so it makes sense that I’m seeing the higher bonus (compared to 30 miles/dollar for non-cardholders).
If you manage to spend $600 (either through Stitch Fix or a combination of other retailers), you’ll score an extra 3,000 miles. If you spent exactly $600, you’ll end up with 33,000 miles, conservatively worth $495.
But Stitch Fix isn’t your typical clothing store — you can’t see prices upfront (though you can offer guidelines) or select specific items to order. Here’s how MileagePlus Shopping describes this site:
Stitch Fix is the online personal styling service (for women & men) tailored to your taste, budget and lifestyle. Fill out a Style Profile, & one of Stitch Fix’s expert stylists will hand-select five apparel, footwear and accessory items just for you. Only pay for what you keep & return the rest in a prepaid return envelope. You can receive Fixes on various cadences, or on a date that meets your needs – no subscription required.
Meanwhile, the only terms and conditions state:
Only eligible on new customer Stitch Fix orders. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
So, if you’ve ordered through Stitch Fix before, you’re probably out of luck. Also, be sure to avoid adding any coupon or discount codes — I can’t imagine they’ll offer a better return than the 50 miles per dollar you’re getting here.
So how many miles will I earn? Honestly, I haven’t a clue. I filled out my preferences (clothing styles, sizes and so on), provided my billing and shipping info and was told to expect a delivery on August 19. So someone’s going to decide which outfits I might like, and I’ll pay for what I keep. I imagine I’ll earn 50 miles per dollar on the items I don’t send back, so I’ll certainly be more inclined to hold on to the goods this time around. This isn’t a great opportunity to “buy” miles at a cheap rate, though.
Will you be earning a huge return on your Stitch Fix order?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.