Get 10x Ultimate Rewards Points for Walmart.com Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Chase is offering certain cardholders the option to earn bonus Ultimate Rewards points when you make purchases with Walmart. For the month of August, cardholders of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Chase Freedom Unlimited cards can earn a total of 10x points on up to $250 in purchases.
In order to be eligible for the offer, you must be enrolled in Chase Pay with one of the aforementioned cards. Then, head to Walmart.com to complete your purchase. Reports have suggested that cardholders have gotten emails with instructions, so it’s not clear if you had to have received the email in order to take advantage. Here’s how it works:
- Fill your basket on Walmart.com and go to the checkout screen
- On the Enter Payment Method screen, click the +More button
- Select the Chase Pay method and sign in with your username and password
- You’ll automatically earn 10x points per dollar spent on up to $250
Note that the 10x points referenced are for the Sapphire cards. Cardholders of the Freedom Unlimited card who want to take advantage of this offer will earn 10% cash back on their Walmart.com purchases using Chase Pay. However, if you’re a Freedom Unlimited cardholder who also has a Sapphire card, you’ll be able to earn the 10% cash back and then convert that into Ultimate Rewards points, which is generally a more lucrative option. Note that purchases with affiliate businesses, such as samsclub.com, are excluded from the offer. You must make your purchases by August 31, 2017 in order for them to qualify for this offer.
This is a great opportunity to amass a solid amount of Ultimate Rewards points for online shopping. Chase Pay is easy (and free) to enroll in, and shouldn’t change your checkout process too much at Walmart. If you were to maximize this offer and spend $250, you’d get 2,500 Ultimate Rewards points in return, which, Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, are worth $55.
H/T: Slick Deals
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards