Get 10x Ultimate Rewards Points for Walmart.com Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Chase is offering certain cardholders the option to earn bonus Ultimate Rewards points when you make purchases with Walmart. For the month of August, cardholders of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Chase Freedom Unlimited cards can earn a total of 10x points on up to $250 in purchases.
In order to be eligible for the offer, you must be enrolled in Chase Pay with one of the aforementioned cards. Then, head to Walmart.com to complete your purchase. Reports have suggested that cardholders have gotten emails with instructions, so it’s not clear if you had to have received the email in order to take advantage. Here’s how it works:
- Fill your basket on Walmart.com and go to the checkout screen
- On the Enter Payment Method screen, click the +More button
- Select the Chase Pay method and sign in with your username and password
- You’ll automatically earn 10x points per dollar spent on up to $250
Note that the 10x points referenced are for the Sapphire cards. Cardholders of the Freedom Unlimited card who want to take advantage of this offer will earn 10% cash back on their Walmart.com purchases using Chase Pay. However, if you’re a Freedom Unlimited cardholder who also has a Sapphire card, you’ll be able to earn the 10% cash back and then convert that into Ultimate Rewards points, which is generally a more lucrative option. Note that purchases with affiliate businesses, such as samsclub.com, are excluded from the offer. You must make your purchases by August 31, 2017 in order for them to qualify for this offer.
This is a great opportunity to amass a solid amount of Ultimate Rewards points for online shopping. Chase Pay is easy (and free) to enroll in, and shouldn’t change your checkout process too much at Walmart. If you were to maximize this offer and spend $250, you’d get 2,500 Ultimate Rewards points in return, which, Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, are worth $55.
H/T: Slick Deals
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee