Wyndham Rewards Adds New Experiential Redemption Option, Wyndham Auctions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, Wyndham Rewards and Caesars Entertainment’s Total Rewards programs announced that they were set to partner together. As part of the new agreement, the two offered members a complimentary status match, access to redeem for free nights at each other’s properties and more. Looking forward, Wyndham announced that it was also going to launch a new redemption option, called Wyndham Auctions.
As of this morning, Wyndham has loaded Wyndham Auctions on to its site. At launch, there are 35 packages and experiences up for Wyndham Rewards members to bid on. The options range from attainable to aspirational. Examples include going to the Wyndham Championship, a dolphin watching tour in Clearwater, Florida, Six Flags park passes, tickets to see Celine Dion at Caesars Palace and more.
Starting bids on all of the available auctions range from 3,000 Wyndham points to 10,000 points and increase by increments of 500 points. Each of the auctions up for bidding will run for approximately two to three weeks, with a portfolio of 25-30 offerings loaded monthly. The number of available packages to purchase varies by item, and there’s no limit to how many auctions a Wyndham Rewards member can bid on.
In addition to these auctions, Wyndham Rewards members can now also use points for sweepstakes. Each of the sweepstakes will be one-of-a-kind packages, and members can submit an unlimited amount of entries daily at a cost of 100 points per entry. With this announcement, Wyndham has also detailed the first of its sweepstakes, which is set to run from July 26 to August 23, 2017: A VIP Caesars experience in Las Vegas including airfare for two, two nights in an Augustus Strip View Room at Caesars Palace, VIP check-in, tickets to see Jennifer Lopez at Planet Hollywood, a $400 dining credit and a meet-and-greet with JLo.
This is a nice addition from Wyndham, especially since bidding starts at just 3,000 points. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 3,000 points are worth $36, which can grant you access to some great packages. Wyndham Rewards is one of the more underrated programs out there, as it offers members the opportunity to book an award stay at any of its properties for a flat rate of 15,000 points per night. If you’re looking for some bonus points, consider signing up for the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 15,000 after your first purchase, and the ability to earn an additional 15,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days.
Featured image of the Wyndham Gran Clearwater Beach courtesy of Wyndham.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.