This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, Wyndham Rewards and Caesars Entertainment’s Total Rewards programs announced that they were set to partner together. As part of the new agreement, the two offered members a complimentary status match, access to redeem for free nights at each other’s properties and more. Looking forward, Wyndham announced that it was also going to launch a new redemption option, called Wyndham Auctions.
As of this morning, Wyndham has loaded Wyndham Auctions on to its site. At launch, there are 35 packages and experiences up for Wyndham Rewards members to bid on. The options range from attainable to aspirational. Examples include going to the Wyndham Championship, a dolphin watching tour in Clearwater, Florida, Six Flags park passes, tickets to see Celine Dion at Caesars Palace and more.
Starting bids on all of the available auctions range from 3,000 Wyndham points to 10,000 points and increase by increments of 500 points. Each of the auctions up for bidding will run for approximately two to three weeks, with a portfolio of 25-30 offerings loaded monthly. The number of available packages to purchase varies by item, and there’s no limit to how many auctions a Wyndham Rewards member can bid on.
In addition to these auctions, Wyndham Rewards members can now also use points for sweepstakes. Each of the sweepstakes will be one-of-a-kind packages, and members can submit an unlimited amount of entries daily at a cost of 100 points per entry. With this announcement, Wyndham has also detailed the first of its sweepstakes, which is set to run from July 26 to August 23, 2017: A VIP Caesars experience in Las Vegas including airfare for two, two nights in an Augustus Strip View Room at Caesars Palace, VIP check-in, tickets to see Jennifer Lopez at Planet Hollywood, a $400 dining credit and a meet-and-greet with JLo.
This is a nice addition from Wyndham, especially since bidding starts at just 3,000 points. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 3,000 points are worth $36, which can grant you access to some great packages. Wyndham Rewards is one of the more underrated programs out there, as it offers members the opportunity to book an award stay at any of its properties for a flat rate of 15,000 points per night. If you’re looking for some bonus points, consider signing up for the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 15,000 after your first purchase, and the ability to earn an additional 15,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days.
Featured image of the Wyndham Gran Clearwater Beach courtesy of Wyndham.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees