Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $260 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Been dreaming of seeing the Northern Lights? Fly with WOW Air to Reykjavik, Iceland, from its US gateways with fares starting at $260 round-trip. We’re seeing availability at these low fares from all of the carrier’s US destinations: Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT) and San Francisco (SFO).
Availability depends on the route, but we’re generally seeing great deals from September 2017 through February 2018. To find the cheapest dates, we recommend using Google Flights’ calendar search tool and then booking through WOW, Orbitz or Expedia. These discounted fares come just one day after WOW began its newest route from Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF). Keep in mind that WOW is a low-cost carrier, so you’ll be charged for things that you might be used to getting for free.
Routes: BOS/BWI/EWR/LAX/MIA/ORD/PIT/SFO to KEF
Cost: $260+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 through February 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $260 round-trip in January:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $270 round-trip in January/February:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip in October:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip in October:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip in November:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip in January:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip in October/November:
Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $370 round-trip in September:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Zurich courtesy of Kamil Porembiński via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees