United’s Giving Out Free Food in NYC and San Francisco Through August
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have plans to visit New York City or San Francisco between now and the second week of August? United’s giving out free treats in both cities, celebrating its 777-300ER (77W) and new Buenos Aires (EZE) flight in NYC, and the new SFO-Munich (MUC) flight in San Francisco.
The airline’s handing out desserts every day via food trucks in both cities through the week of August 7. Here’s which treats to expect and when:
- Today through July 30 (this Sunday) — Rugelach and black and white cookies to celebrate the 777W on EWR-Tel Aviv (TLV).
- July 31-August 6 — Dulce de Leche donuts and coconut cream pineapple donuts to celebrate EWR-EZE.
- August 7-August 13 — Cherry donuts and Yuzu lemon zest donuts to celebrate the 777W on EWR-Tokyo (NRT).
Meanwhile, folks in San Francisco can grab free horseshoe almond and apple crumb cakes daily.
I stopped by the NYC truck today, which was parked at the Grace Building at 42nd and 6th, where I encountered a fairly gruff “bouncer” moving guests through the line quickly. So, even though United didn’t have any trouble getting the attention of passersby (free food!), nobody seemed to wait more than a few seconds to get their treat.
I got my hands on a delicious black and white cookie — and an ad for the new Polaris business class, operating one of the airline’s two daily flights from Newark to Tel Aviv, Israel.
The NYC truck will be parked in a new location beginning around 10:00am each day, until the supply (of about 2,000 treats) runs out (reps expect that to happen sometime around 4:00pm). You can track the truck down by via @SweeteryNYC’s Twitter account.
You’ll likely find it in Midtown Manhattan or the Financial District during the week, and the Upper West Side (below 80th) or Upper East Side (below 86th) on the weekends.
Did you manage to track down United’s food truck in SF or NYC?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees