United’s Giving Out Free Food in NYC and San Francisco Through August
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have plans to visit New York City or San Francisco between now and the second week of August? United’s giving out free treats in both cities, celebrating its 777-300ER (77W) and new Buenos Aires (EZE) flight in NYC, and the new SFO-Munich (MUC) flight in San Francisco.
The airline’s handing out desserts every day via food trucks in both cities through the week of August 7. Here’s which treats to expect and when:
- Today through July 30 (this Sunday) — Rugelach and black and white cookies to celebrate the 777W on EWR-Tel Aviv (TLV).
- July 31-August 6 — Dulce de Leche donuts and coconut cream pineapple donuts to celebrate EWR-EZE.
- August 7-August 13 — Cherry donuts and Yuzu lemon zest donuts to celebrate the 777W on EWR-Tokyo (NRT).
Meanwhile, folks in San Francisco can grab free horseshoe almond and apple crumb cakes daily.
I stopped by the NYC truck today, which was parked at the Grace Building at 42nd and 6th, where I encountered a fairly gruff “bouncer” moving guests through the line quickly. So, even though United didn’t have any trouble getting the attention of passersby (free food!), nobody seemed to wait more than a few seconds to get their treat.
I got my hands on a delicious black and white cookie — and an ad for the new Polaris business class, operating one of the airline’s two daily flights from Newark to Tel Aviv, Israel.
The NYC truck will be parked in a new location beginning around 10:00am each day, until the supply (of about 2,000 treats) runs out (reps expect that to happen sometime around 4:00pm). You can track the truck down by via @SweeteryNYC’s Twitter account.
You’ll likely find it in Midtown Manhattan or the Financial District during the week, and the Upper West Side (below 80th) or Upper East Side (below 86th) on the weekends.
Did you manage to track down United’s food truck in SF or NYC?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.