Earn up to 3,000 Bonus United Miles With MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s specifically targeting back-to-school shoppers with its latest Mileageplus Shopping promotion. With it, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus MileagePlus miles for your purchases, depending on how much you spend through the shopping portal.
The promo begins today, July 21, and lasts through August 18, 2017. As you can see below, the more you spend, the more you’ll earn:
- Tier 1: 500 bonus miles after at least $150 in qualifying purchases
- Tier 2: 1,500 bonus miles after at least $350 in qualifying purchases
- Tier 3: 3,000 bonus miles after at least $600 in qualifying purchases.
The bonuses of 500, 1,000 or 3,000 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. How much you’ll earn depends on your cumulative purchases during the promotional period. Meaning, you could make five purchases of $150 during the time and earn the 3,000 bonus miles for your $750 in purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn some bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially during this back-to-school shopping period — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this promotion by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.