Earn up to 3,000 Bonus United Miles With MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s specifically targeting back-to-school shoppers with its latest Mileageplus Shopping promotion. With it, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus MileagePlus miles for your purchases, depending on how much you spend through the shopping portal.
The promo begins today, July 21, and lasts through August 18, 2017. As you can see below, the more you spend, the more you’ll earn:
- Tier 1: 500 bonus miles after at least $150 in qualifying purchases
- Tier 2: 1,500 bonus miles after at least $350 in qualifying purchases
- Tier 3: 3,000 bonus miles after at least $600 in qualifying purchases.
The bonuses of 500, 1,000 or 3,000 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. How much you’ll earn depends on your cumulative purchases during the promotional period. Meaning, you could make five purchases of $150 during the time and earn the 3,000 bonus miles for your $750 in purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn some bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially during this back-to-school shopping period — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this promotion by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee