Earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points With Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the past week, we’ve let you know that both American Airlines and United Airlines are offering travelers a bonus on their back-to-school shopping in the form of miles. Now, Southwest Airlines is running a Rapid Rewards Shopping promotion where you can earn up to 2,000 bonus points.
Between today and August 18, 2017, you can earn up to 2,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points when you make purchases through the carrier’s shopping portal. Exactly how much you’ll earn depends on how much you spend. Here’s how the tiers break down for this promotion:
- Get 250 bonus points for spending $125
- Get 900 bonus points for spending $300
- Get 2,000 bonus points for spending $550
The bonus points are in addition to the points you earn per dollar spent when using the Southwest portal. In addition, the number of points you’ll earn is based on the cumulative amount of money spent. Meaning, you could make five purchases of $150 at different retailers and earn the maximum 2,000 bonus points.
Shopping portals are a great way to earn bonus points and miles with an airline without even having to step foot on a plane. For making purchases you’d already be making — especially with back-to-school shopping season here — you can earn points and miles that will put you on your way to your next redemption. So, don’t forget to click through a shopping portal before your next visit to an online retailer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.