This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the past week, we’ve let you know that both American Airlines and United Airlines are offering travelers a bonus on their back-to-school shopping in the form of miles. Now, Southwest Airlines is running a Rapid Rewards Shopping promotion where you can earn up to 2,000 bonus points.
Between today and August 18, 2017, you can earn up to 2,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points when you make purchases through the carrier’s shopping portal. Exactly how much you’ll earn depends on how much you spend. Here’s how the tiers break down for this promotion:
- Get 250 bonus points for spending $125
- Get 900 bonus points for spending $300
- Get 2,000 bonus points for spending $550
The bonus points are in addition to the points you earn per dollar spent when using the Southwest portal. In addition, the number of points you’ll earn is based on the cumulative amount of money spent. Meaning, you could make five purchases of $150 at different retailers and earn the maximum 2,000 bonus points.
Shopping portals are a great way to earn bonus points and miles with an airline without even having to step foot on a plane. For making purchases you’d already be making — especially with back-to-school shopping season here — you can earn points and miles that will put you on your way to your next redemption. So, don’t forget to click through a shopping portal before your next visit to an online retailer.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards