Southwest Is Targeting Members With a Fast Track to A-List Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, we informed you that Southwest was targeting some of its Rapid Rewards members with a free Companion Pass after just five round-trip flights. Now, the carrier is targeting more members with a fast track to elite status. TPG reader Hallie K. sent in an email that she received from Southwest, letting her know of a targeted deal.
Targeted Rapid Rewards members can register to earn double points and get expedited A-List status through December 2017 or December 2018. Once registered, you’ll be able to earn 2x points on every Southwest flight until September 30, 2017. Plus, you’ll be able to choose on of the following options, one of which will give you A-List status through the end of this year, and another which will give you the status through the entire following year.
The first option requires you to book and complete three qualifying round-trip flights (or six one-way flights) until September 30, 2017. The other option requires you to fly on five round-trip flights (or 10 one-way flights) in same time period.
If possible, the latter offer for status through December 2018 is the better of the two offers, as you’ll have A-List for just under than a year and a half. Based on our analysis, A-List status is worth $685, which can be very valuable if you fly with the carrier a lot. With A-List, you’ll get priority boarding (potentially the best perk of having the status), a 25% point bonus, free dame-day standby, priority check-in and security and a priority phone line.
It’ll be worth checking your email or the promotions section of your Rapid Rewards account to see if you were targeted for the offer. Even if you’re not going to fly enough to qualify for the A-List status, it’ll be worthwhile to register to earn double Rapid Rewards points through September 30.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees