This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, we informed you that Southwest was targeting some of its Rapid Rewards members with a free Companion Pass after just five round-trip flights. Now, the carrier is targeting more members with a fast track to elite status. TPG reader Hallie K. sent in an email that she received from Southwest, letting her know of a targeted deal.
Targeted Rapid Rewards members can register to earn double points and get expedited A-List status through December 2017 or December 2018. Once registered, you’ll be able to earn 2x points on every Southwest flight until September 30, 2017. Plus, you’ll be able to choose on of the following options, one of which will give you A-List status through the end of this year, and another which will give you the status through the entire following year.
The first option requires you to book and complete three qualifying round-trip flights (or six one-way flights) until September 30, 2017. The other option requires you to fly on five round-trip flights (or 10 one-way flights) in same time period.
If possible, the latter offer for status through December 2018 is the better of the two offers, as you’ll have A-List for just under than a year and a half. Based on our analysis, A-List status is worth $685, which can be very valuable if you fly with the carrier a lot. With A-List, you’ll get priority boarding (potentially the best perk of having the status), a 25% point bonus, free dame-day standby, priority check-in and security and a priority phone line.
It’ll be worth checking your email or the promotions section of your Rapid Rewards account to see if you were targeted for the offer. Even if you’re not going to fly enough to qualify for the A-List status, it’ll be worthwhile to register to earn double Rapid Rewards points through September 30.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards