This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar’s bringing its all-Audi A4 fleet to two new cities: Seattle and Orlando. The company announced today that it’s going to launch a new outpost at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), beginning on July 31, 2017, and at Orlando International Airport (MCO) on August 28, 2017. Beginning today, however, you can make reservations for both of the new cities.
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. As a reminder, Silvercar is already available in the 16 following markets:
- Austin (AUS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas (DAL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Miami – South Beach
- Newark (EWR)
- NYC – Brooklyn
- NYC – Brooklyn Downtown
- NYC – Manhattan
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
You can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Featured image courtesy of Silvercar.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards