This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar’s bringing its all-Audi A4 fleet to two new cities: Seattle and Orlando. The company announced today that it’s going to launch a new outpost at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), beginning on July 31, 2017, and at Orlando International Airport (MCO) on August 28, 2017. Beginning today, however, you can make reservations for both of the new cities.
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. As a reminder, Silvercar is already available in the 16 following markets:
- Austin (AUS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas (DAL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Miami – South Beach
- Newark (EWR)
- NYC – Brooklyn
- NYC – Brooklyn Downtown
- NYC – Manhattan
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
You can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Featured image courtesy of Silvercar.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees