This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amidst the sea of opportunities, there is so much to do, to see and to explore in New York City — sometimes in ways that even people who have lived there all their lives do not know of. Whether you are a tourist or a native New Yorker, fire up Instagram and let these 10 NYC photographers show you the famous, the hidden, the funky and the vibrant atmosphere this city has to offer, from way above on a helicopter to the charming streets of West Village and alleys of Chinatown.
Former investment banker turned photographer Natalie Amrossi wants you to believe that the sky is not the limit, and it shows in her photos — like beautiful aerial photos of NYC taken from a helicopter.
The first time Sam Horine heard of Instagram back in 2010, he actually thought it was just a platform to host images on Twitter. Fast forward seven years later, the NYC based photographer has amassed more than half a million followers and has been named NYC’s best ‘grammer by The Daily Beast.
Brooklyn-based photographer Patrick Kolts grew up in a small town in Iowa and is constantly seeking out the simple things in life. We love his photojournalistic take on the city — especially on the subways — documenting the little everyday moments that will resonate with each and every New Yorker.
Nobody does NYC streetscapes with an iPhone better than Anthony Danielle. Next time you’re on the streets, keep a look out for him because you never know when he’s takinyerphoto.
Jeff Silberman loves puddles as much as any other kid, but for a different reason: he uses it as a canvas to frame his shots, from skyscrapers at sunset to yellow cabs driving through the wintry roads.
Keep a look out for urban street photographer Paola Franqui when you’re around West Village or Chinatown — two of her favorite places to shoot in the city. To Paola, the energy, people, smell and chaos make NYC one of the most dynamic places in the world — one where she feels the most alive in.
20-year old Humza Deas is what Adrian Chen of New York magazine calls an “outlaw Instagrammer” — one who explores forbidden and dangerous heights of Manhattan without abandon, snapping photos while surfing subways and scaling skyscrapers. According to Chen, Deas’ specialty is in climbing bridges, and rightfully so — the views are amazing from up there.
Zahava wants you to know that while Paris has its lights, London its misty Thames, Kyoto its cherry blossoms, nowhere is as breathlessly romantic as NYC. Follow her as she captures fairytale-like street portraits to tell a tale of love and magic in the world’s most romantic city.
Raheim Simon “finds splendor in the quirks, the flaws, the discord,” showing us a different side of NYC — one that is not seen on your typical travel guides. “Dark + Clean shots = Black Soap,” says the Instagrammer of his handle.
Jomayra Texeira thinks NYC is extremely photogenic — and we agree. Follow her as she attempts “to tell a story without saying a word” from this city she describes as “a place of endless stories.” The result? Photos that evoke a nostalgic sort of cinematic vibe.
Are there any other NYC photographers on Instagram that you love? Tell us about them in the comments below.
Featured image courtesy of Michael Dümmler/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees