10 New York City Photographers To Follow On Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amidst the sea of opportunities, there is so much to do, to see and to explore in New York City — sometimes in ways that even people who have lived there all their lives do not know of. Whether you are a tourist or a native New Yorker, fire up Instagram and let these 10 NYC photographers show you the famous, the hidden, the funky and the vibrant atmosphere this city has to offer, from way above on a helicopter to the charming streets of West Village and alleys of Chinatown.
Former investment banker turned photographer Natalie Amrossi wants you to believe that the sky is not the limit, and it shows in her photos — like beautiful aerial photos of NYC taken from a helicopter.
The first time Sam Horine heard of Instagram back in 2010, he actually thought it was just a platform to host images on Twitter. Fast forward seven years later, the NYC based photographer has amassed more than half a million followers and has been named NYC’s best ‘grammer by The Daily Beast.
Brooklyn-based photographer Patrick Kolts grew up in a small town in Iowa and is constantly seeking out the simple things in life. We love his photojournalistic take on the city — especially on the subways — documenting the little everyday moments that will resonate with each and every New Yorker.
Nobody does NYC streetscapes with an iPhone better than Anthony Danielle. Next time you’re on the streets, keep a look out for him because you never know when he’s takinyerphoto.
Jeff Silberman loves puddles as much as any other kid, but for a different reason: he uses it as a canvas to frame his shots, from skyscrapers at sunset to yellow cabs driving through the wintry roads.
Keep a look out for urban street photographer Paola Franqui when you’re around West Village or Chinatown — two of her favorite places to shoot in the city. To Paola, the energy, people, smell and chaos make NYC one of the most dynamic places in the world — one where she feels the most alive in.
20-year old Humza Deas is what Adrian Chen of New York magazine calls an “outlaw Instagrammer” — one who explores forbidden and dangerous heights of Manhattan without abandon, snapping photos while surfing subways and scaling skyscrapers. According to Chen, Deas’ specialty is in climbing bridges, and rightfully so — the views are amazing from up there.
Zahava wants you to know that while Paris has its lights, London its misty Thames, Kyoto its cherry blossoms, nowhere is as breathlessly romantic as NYC. Follow her as she captures fairytale-like street portraits to tell a tale of love and magic in the world’s most romantic city.
Raheim Simon “finds splendor in the quirks, the flaws, the discord,” showing us a different side of NYC — one that is not seen on your typical travel guides. “Dark + Clean shots = Black Soap,” says the Instagrammer of his handle.
Jomayra Texeira thinks NYC is extremely photogenic — and we agree. Follow her as she attempts “to tell a story without saying a word” from this city she describes as “a place of endless stories.” The result? Photos that evoke a nostalgic sort of cinematic vibe.
Are there any other NYC photographers on Instagram that you love? Tell us about them in the comments below.
Featured image courtesy of Michael Dümmler/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.