Take a Siesta in Madrid’s Novel New ‘Nap Bar’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveling the world can be a tiring experience, that’s for certain. Which may be why one Spanish company recently launched a nap bar in Madrid’s Azca district, called Siesta & Go.
The center operates much like a hostel, offering visitors deals based on their privacy preferences and time constraints, among other variables. You can go all out and splurge on a private room for €14 (~$15) per hour or settle for the bar’s cheapest option, an €8 (~$9) top bunk in a shared room. The business also offers by-the-minute deals. That said, Siesta & Go isn’t for those looking for a long-term stay: It’s only open from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
Traveler’s Siesta & Go experience won’t stop at the mattress; Lonely Planet reports that the facility is perfect for chill-seekers and book-readers as well. There are armchairs and footrests for rent, as well as newspapers, coffee and courtesy Wi-Fi to keep tourists relaxed as they recharge. Even better, there’s no need to fret over cleanliness: Each napper gets his or her own single-use bedsheets and blanket and the facility is tidied up every day.
Rooms are decorated simply with all-black walls and wooden framed beds — all the better to help patrons catch some zzz’s in any one of its 19 available beds. It’s all part of Siesta & Go’s mission to use rest to help its patrons “maintain a healthy and natural beauty, which helps to reflect [on] luminosity and freshness,” according to the business’ website.
A napping station may be the perfect fit for the break-friendly Spaniards, who are already known for taking the midday siestas that give the establishment its name. Of course, the concept of a nap hotel is nothing new as airports around the world have been experimenting with napping areas for years now and various other cities, including Tokyo and London, offer similar concepts to this one in Madrid.
Would you check into a nap bar like this? Sound off, below.
H/T: Lonely Planet
Featured image courtesy of Siesta & Go’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees