Survey Finds Credit Scores Higher Priority for Millennials
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Slate 2017 Credit Outlook survey found that more Millennials check their credit scores every month (39%) than Gen-Xers (31%) and Baby Boomers (28%). In addition, the survey found that 62% of Millennials want to improve their credit score and have a plan of action to do so. Looking forward, they also plan to put their improved credit score to use. About 33% of Millennials say they plan to buy a home in the next four to five years, and 24% plan to purchase one within the next three years.
“Millennials are really doing their homework in preparation for buying a home in the near future,” said Mical Jeanlus, the general manager of the Chase Slate Credit Card.
The Chase Slate 2017 Credit Outlook Survey polled 1,000 people aged 18 and older between March 15 and April 3, 2017. The survey was conducted by Socratic Research, an independent research company, on behalf of Chase Card Services.
The findings from the Chase Slate survey are pretty interesting — and promising for the cohort. Not only can the improved credit score help in the sense of preparing for the future and buying a house, but also for valuable points and miles you can earn from credit cards. In order to get into the points and miles hobby and maximizing on sign-up bonuses, the first step is to understand your credit score. Check out this post for more ways on how to improve your credit score in 2017.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees