Groom Trolls the Airline That Lost His Luggage — and Tuxedo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lost luggage can ruin any traveler’s vacation, but when one groom-to-be was separated from his tuxedo on his way to an Icelandic dream wedding earlier this month, he turned his nightmare into social media gold.
The unidentified man posed for his wedding photo in a white t-shirt reading, “This wedding suit courtesy of Delta Airlines,” poking fun at the airliner that nearly stripped the newlywed couple of their special day. According to a Reddit user who shared the photo, Delta lost the couple’s luggage — including the groom’s formal attire — during flight delays en route to Iceland.
“Their flight from Washington, DC was delayed, setting them up for a missed connection in New York,” wrote Reddit user Zebidee, said to be a friend of the bride.” They were re-routed via Paris and Berlin, but despite constant contact with Delta Airlines to make sure their luggage wound up in the right place, the airline washed their hands of the situation.”
The couple eventually tracked the missing luggage to an abandoned baggage carousel in Frankfurt. Zebidee posted that Delta is playing hot potato with the lost baggage claim and has blamed Air Berlin for the mix-up. Even so, the story has been a hit on Reddit, racking up nearly 100,000 up-votes in just over a week.
If you’re unlucky enough to part ways with your bags in transit, have no fear: You just might be able to turn it into a shopping spree or get it covered with certain credit cards. Better yet, use these travel tips to avoid losing your luggage (hopefully) ever again.
Images courtesy of Zebidee via Reddit.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.