Hawaiian Airlines Unveils Three New Routes for Its A321neo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaiian Airlines is expanding its West Coast presence with added frequencies from the continental US to the Hawaiian islands. Thanks to the arrival of its new A321neo aircraft, the carrier will add three daily nonstop routes, which are set to begin next year. Each of the three new routes will connect a West Coast city — Los Angeles (LAX), Oakland (OAK) and Portland (PDX) — with a Hawaiian destination — Kahului (OGG), Kona (KOA) and Līhu’e (LIH).
Hawaiian’s A321neos will feature three classes — Premium Cabin (16 seats), Extra Comfort (45 seats) and economy (128 seats). At each of the seats, regardless of class, passengers will get a USB power outlet. In the two premium cabins, passengers will get an additional power outlet. Inside the plane, passengers will also find cabin interiors that reflect traditional island crafts and LED lighting to reflect Hawaiian sunrises and sunsets, according to the airline.
Here are the details of each of the new A321neo routes:
Portland (PDX) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) — Beginning January 18, 2018
- HA40 Kahului (OGG) 1:15pm Departure ⇒ Portland (PDX) 8:25pm Arrival
- HA39 Portland (PDX) 8:00am Departure ⇒ Kahului (OGG) 12:00pm Arrival (beginning January 19)
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kona (KOA) — Beginning March 11, 2018
- HA62 Kona (KOA) 3:35pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 11:55pm Arrival
- HA61 Los Angeles (LAX) 11:00am Departure ⇒ Kona (KOA) 2:05pm Arrival (beginning March 12)
Oakland (OAK) to Līhu’e (LIH) — Beginning April 11, 2018
- HA68 Līhu’e (LIH) 12:40pm Departure ⇒ Oakland (OAK) 8:55pm Arrival
- HA67 Oakland (OAK) 8:30am Departure ⇒ Līhu’e (LIH) 11:10am Arrival (beginning April 12)
Currently, the carrier has 16 A321neos on order from Airbus. Once Hawaiian receives its first example, it’ll operate the aircraft on one of its existing routes, between Oakland (OAK) and Kahului (OGG), beginning January 8.
In addition to the three classes of service offered, Hawaiian’s A321neo aircraft will also feature wireless streaming in-flight entertainment, which means that you’ll have to bring your own device if you want to watch TV or movies during the flight.
One of the new routes (LAX-KOA) will be operated by one of Hawaiian’s widebody aircraft at launch before switching to the A321neo.
Overall, this is good news for flyers based on the West Coast, as it gives them more choice for Hawaii flights, and the chance to fly on a brand-new, more comfortable aircraft.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.