Starbucks Is Giving You Gold Status After Just One Purchase
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news, Starbucks lovers: everyone’s favorite coffee chain is giving you Gold status after just one purchase. That’s right, make just one purchase between now and July 31, 2017 you’ll automatically get its highest level of status. There’s no registration required, and you just need to have a profile and use the app or a registered card in order to get the status. If you successfully make the purchase, your account should update with Gold status.
Gold status with Starbucks normally requires that you earn 300 stars — each dollar spent at Starbucks is 2 stars, so you would need to spend $150 in order to get to the minimum threshold. Green members, which is the entry level of status, gives you a free birthday reward, the ability to order ahead, free in-store refills, member events and the ability to pay by phone. Gold status, however, gives you those perks as well as monthly double-star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 stars.
If you’re a frequent Starbucks goer, this offer could be well worth taking advantage of for an expedited path to Gold status. While Gold status is surely not a game changer, it could be worth it for the extra perks — especially since you only have to make one purchase to earn it.
Featured image courtesy of Zhang Peng via Getty Images.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.