Emirates Flight Attendant Filmed Pouring Champagne Back Into the Bottle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 7/13/2017 1:30pm: An Emirates spokesperson responded to the incident, saying:
“Emirates strives to consistently deliver the highest quality products and customer service. What the video depicts is not in line with our service standards. We are investigating the matter.”
Emirates is known as one of premier carriers of the world. From its first-class product to business class, the experience with the Dubai-based carrier is one of the best you’ll find in the sky. But, new video that’s surfaced from the business-class cabin on the upper deck of an A380 is raising some eyebrows.
A passenger filmed his seat in the cabin to post on Instagram. In his sweeping video of the cabin, he happened to catch a flight attendant pouring Champagne back into the bottle. You can watch the video below:
A post shared by Evgeny Kayumov (@kaumoff) on
Now, it should be said that it’s likely that the Champagne from the glass had not actually been served to a passenger. Instead, it could have been leftover from the tray that flight attendants walk around the cabin with to serve passengers prior to departure. In that case, the flight attendant was probably just trying to be less wasteful. However, if the Champagne had actually been served to a passenger, it’s totally unsanitary for the FA to pour the remnants back into the bottle.
We reached out to Emirates for a comment but have not yet heard back.
Of course, there’s the argument that for a premium passenger on Emirates, you would expect the freshest food and beverage. On the other hand, there’s something almost admirable about the flight attendant trying to be less wasteful.
What do you think about this? Was the flight attendant in the wrong for pouring Champagne back into the bottle?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees