Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $260 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to Iceland are on sale with prices starting from just $260 round-trip. You can fly from Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Chicago (ORD) and Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) on WOW Air with cheap flights available from September 2017 through January 2018. You’ll definitely want to use Google Flights when searching, as some of the cheaper fares are scattered throughout the calendar. Keep in mind that WOW is a low-cost carrier (we’ve had good experiences with WOW), so you’ll be charged if you want to pick a seat or bring a large carry-on or checked bag.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: BOS/BWI/EWR/ORD/PIT/LAX/MIA to KEF
Cost: $260+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – January 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $260 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.