Deal Alert: US Cities to Paris and Rome From $321 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Norwegian is offering cheap fares to both Paris (CDG) and Rome (FCO) from a few of its US gateways. We’re seeing round-trip fares to CDG from New York (JFK) for as low as $321 and fares from Newark (EWR) to FCO for as low as $360. Availability is scattered and varies based on the specific route, but the majority of what we found is from December 2017 through March 2018.
In order to find these fares, you may have to play around a bit. The cheap fares to Paris were found by booking one round-trip ticket on the French version of Norwegian’s website. And the cheapest fares to Rome were found by booking two individual one-way tickets on the US version of the carrier’s website.
Routes: EWR/FLL/JFK/LAX to CDG/FCO
Cost: $321+ round-trip
Dates: December 2017 – March 2018
Booking Link: Norwegian
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $321 round-trip in January:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris (CDG) for $344 round-trip in January:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) for $360 round-trip in February:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Rome (FCO) for $420 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Rome courtesy of maudanros via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.