This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
It’s rare to find discounted fares to India, but today we’re seeing some great deals with prices starting from just $609 round-trip on a variety of carriers. Better yet, there are deals to be found from all over the US, including Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and Newark (EWR) to both Mumbai (BOM) and New Delhi (DEL). These deals are generally available for departures from September through October of this year, but exact availability depends on your desired itinerary.
Airline: Air China, Air Canada, Etihad, United
Routes: BWI/ORD/LAX/MIA/EWR to BOM/DEL
Cost: $609+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September — October 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to New Delhi (DEL) for $609 round-trip on Air China:
Chicago (ORD) to Mumbai (BOM) for $657 round-trip on Etihad:
Baltimore (BWI) to New Delhi (DEL) for $693 round-trip on Air Canada/United:
Miami (MIA) to New Delhi (DEL) for $708 round-trip on United:
Newark (EWR) to Mumbai (BOM) for $724 round-trip on United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Photo of the Taj Mahal courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*