American Airlines Launches Invitation-Only Challenge to Concierge Key Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Concierge Key is the somewhat mysterious, invite-only, top-tier American Airlines elite status. Members receive such perks as a meet and greet at the tarmac, free Admirals Club membership, priority boarding, top upgrade priority, exclusive event invites and more. But, you have to be invited to be a part of this exclusive club, which means that you have to be seriously loyal to AA.
However, now there are reports that AA is targeting AAdvantage members with a unique status challenge in order to get Concierge Key status. According to a thread on FlyerTalk, the challenge requires the member to earn 16,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on AA marketed or operated flights within the next 90 days in order to get Concierge Key status. If you were targeted for the challenge and successfully get the status, you’ll have Concierge Key through January 2019.
If you were targeted, you have to register for the promotion by this Friday, July 21. It’s not clear how AA is targeting members for this challenge, but according to one FlyerTalk user who was targeted, they have 65,000 EQDs (54,000 on AA-operated flights) and 223,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs).
Not surprisingly, it doesn’t appear as if you can register for this promotion if you weren’t targeted. If you think you spend and fly enough with AA, it could be worth checking your email and account to see if you were targeted for the offer. For frequent AA travelers, Concierge Key can definitely make your life easier when flying — from the dedicated phone line and email address to flagship check-in.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.