This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Concierge Key is the somewhat mysterious, invite-only, top-tier American Airlines elite status. Members receive such perks as a meet and greet at the tarmac, free Admirals Club membership, priority boarding, top upgrade priority, exclusive event invites and more. But, you have to be invited to be a part of this exclusive club, which means that you have to be seriously loyal to AA.
However, now there are reports that AA is targeting AAdvantage members with a unique status challenge in order to get Concierge Key status. According to a thread on FlyerTalk, the challenge requires the member to earn 16,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on AA marketed or operated flights within the next 90 days in order to get Concierge Key status. If you were targeted for the challenge and successfully get the status, you’ll have Concierge Key through January 2019.
If you were targeted, you have to register for the promotion by this Friday, July 21. It’s not clear how AA is targeting members for this challenge, but according to one FlyerTalk user who was targeted, they have 65,000 EQDs (54,000 on AA-operated flights) and 223,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs).
Not surprisingly, it doesn’t appear as if you can register for this promotion if you weren’t targeted. If you think you spend and fly enough with AA, it could be worth checking your email and account to see if you were targeted for the offer. For frequent AA travelers, Concierge Key can definitely make your life easier when flying — from the dedicated phone line and email address to flagship check-in.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that