This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re trying to maximize your spending to earn the most rewards possible, online shopping portals can be quite handy. Simply by clicking through one of these sites to make a purchase at your retailer of choice, you can rake in several extra points or miles per dollar. It’s worth taking the extra few seconds to do this even when a portal will only net you an extra mile or two, but it’s especially lucrative when you can take advantage of elevated earning rates.
Currently, the United MileagePlus Shopping portal is offering up to 20 miles per dollar when you shop with select brands. This promo is available now through July 16, and the elevated rates are as follows:
|Retailer||Elevated Rate||Standard Rate|
|Athleta||6 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Bonton||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|eBags||20 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Gilt||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Gilt City||20 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Jane||5 miles per dollar||1 mile per dollar|
|Laneige||15 miles per dollar||5 miles per dollar|
|L’Occitane||15 miles per dollar||3 miles per dollar|
|Lord & Taylor||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Fifth Avenue||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Off Fifth||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
You’ll get the highest return (20 miles per dollar) when shopping at eBags and Gilt City — a 30% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. Even the retailers with the lowest elevated rates will net you some significant miles, though; 5x miles at Jane.com equates to a 7.5% return on spending.
Depending on whether or not this current promo aligns with your shopping needs at the moment, this could be a good opportunity to do some shopping and boost your MileagePlus balance in one fell swoop. Just make sure to make your purchase by clicking through the United shopping portal by Sunday night if you’re interested!
Will you be taking advantage of these elevated earning rates?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards