Earn Up to 20x Miles Through United MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re trying to maximize your spending to earn the most rewards possible, online shopping portals can be quite handy. Simply by clicking through one of these sites to make a purchase at your retailer of choice, you can rake in several extra points or miles per dollar. It’s worth taking the extra few seconds to do this even when a portal will only net you an extra mile or two, but it’s especially lucrative when you can take advantage of elevated earning rates.
Currently, the United MileagePlus Shopping portal is offering up to 20 miles per dollar when you shop with select brands. This promo is available now through July 16, and the elevated rates are as follows:
|Retailer||Elevated Rate||Standard Rate|
|Athleta||6 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Bonton||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|eBags||20 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Gilt||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Gilt City||20 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Jane||5 miles per dollar||1 mile per dollar|
|Laneige||15 miles per dollar||5 miles per dollar|
|L’Occitane||15 miles per dollar||3 miles per dollar|
|Lord & Taylor||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Fifth Avenue||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Off Fifth||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
You’ll get the highest return (20 miles per dollar) when shopping at eBags and Gilt City — a 30% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. Even the retailers with the lowest elevated rates will net you some significant miles, though; 5x miles at Jane.com equates to a 7.5% return on spending.
Depending on whether or not this current promo aligns with your shopping needs at the moment, this could be a good opportunity to do some shopping and boost your MileagePlus balance in one fell swoop. Just make sure to make your purchase by clicking through the United shopping portal by Sunday night if you’re interested!
Will you be taking advantage of these elevated earning rates?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees