Earn Up to 20x Miles Through United MileagePlus Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re trying to maximize your spending to earn the most rewards possible, online shopping portals can be quite handy. Simply by clicking through one of these sites to make a purchase at your retailer of choice, you can rake in several extra points or miles per dollar. It’s worth taking the extra few seconds to do this even when a portal will only net you an extra mile or two, but it’s especially lucrative when you can take advantage of elevated earning rates.
Currently, the United MileagePlus Shopping portal is offering up to 20 miles per dollar when you shop with select brands. This promo is available now through July 16, and the elevated rates are as follows:
|Retailer||Elevated Rate||Standard Rate|
|Athleta||6 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Bonton||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|eBags||20 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Gilt||10 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Gilt City||20 miles per dollar||2 miles per dollar|
|Jane||5 miles per dollar||1 mile per dollar|
|Laneige||15 miles per dollar||5 miles per dollar|
|L’Occitane||15 miles per dollar||3 miles per dollar|
|Lord & Taylor||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Fifth Avenue||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
|Saks Off Fifth||12 miles per dollar||4 miles per dollar|
You’ll get the highest return (20 miles per dollar) when shopping at eBags and Gilt City — a 30% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. Even the retailers with the lowest elevated rates will net you some significant miles, though; 5x miles at Jane.com equates to a 7.5% return on spending.
Depending on whether or not this current promo aligns with your shopping needs at the moment, this could be a good opportunity to do some shopping and boost your MileagePlus balance in one fell swoop. Just make sure to make your purchase by clicking through the United shopping portal by Sunday night if you’re interested!
Will you be taking advantage of these elevated earning rates?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.